Website Builder Questions

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: archived

Hi Folks,

Would appreciate any help you can give regarding the following questions about the new builder.

1)  Can the background be changed on individual pages? I know it's conventional wisdom to keep the background consistent across the site, but I have a couple of sub-sets of pages whose backgrounds are different to reflect the feel of the pages. With Sitebuilder, I have achieved this with code in the HEAD section of the pages to render a fixed background. I see with Website Builder that if one turns off the AJAX navigation, code can be added to the HEADER section of individual pages, (which I assume corresponds to the HEAD section), but when I add my codes for the fixed background, nothing happens. It's great that we have the option for a fixed background, just wondering if it has to be across the whole site.

2)  How can I get to Website Builder equivalent of Sitebuilder's File Manager without having to "add" something?

3)  Is there any other audio player besides Sound Cloud or do we need to use code?

Thanks so much!
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

• 1,034 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of SanDiegoTicketExpert

SanDiegoTicketExpert

• 1,708 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hey Alannah, I'm not an expert, but if I understand your question, the answer is "yes." You can change the background by selecting the section you want to change. In the section menu there is an option to change the background (it starts off showing a box with a red line through indicating no background). I have used this to change the backgrounds on my different pages, but not sure if you can have different backgrounds show on the header from page to page. Hope this helps :)
Cheers
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

• 1,034 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thank you! I did find that I could apply a background over the default via inserting a picture and spreading it over the whole page, sadly it scrolls with the page. Haven't found a way around that yet, but more tinkering to do!
Cheers
Alannah
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Check the settings, I cant recall what its called but there is a switch to allow the element to scroll down with the page... ( sorry just came across it in passing but there is a little "?" you over over and it tells you what that switch does.)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.