website builder not working

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I can't get the website builder to work to edit my website.  
Photo of Matt5055

Matt5055

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 11,818 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Are you using the downloaded desktop version or Sitebuilder plus online?
Photo of Matt5055

Matt5055

I've tried using both 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

From further investigation it looks like those files were created via html and uploaded to the file manager. You can see that by going into the file manager in Sitebuider Plus and viewing the .html files. Unfortunately there is no way to edit those files using Sitebuilder, it will need to be edited where it was originally built. 
Photo of Matt5055

Matt5055

How can I transfer this current website to sitebuilder? I am needing to edit and update this site. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

From the desktop builder go to the file manager and select upload for those pages/files. This will upload them to Sitebuilder plus online. 
Photo of Matt5055

Matt5055

What if I don't have those files... This website was built a long time ago. I just want to be able to start new but use the same domain. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes, looks like it was created with HTML coding. If you are looking to add a new WebsiteBuilder, add a site to your account with these instructions https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-new-site. Once you are done creating the site you can attach your existing domain with this https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_switch_my_domain_to_a_new_site_i_built

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.