website builder error when accessing template

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

error 404 when trying to get a website template 
Photo of dbrguys6099

dbrguys6099

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of dbrguys6099

dbrguys6099

this is discouraging I have read through related conversations and did what they say with NO success

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 24,610 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

The reason you are receiving an error when selecting a template is because you have the same email address on file for 2 homestead account which confuses the system. To resolve this, you will need to change the email address on your accounts contact information to an email address you have not used on a previous account. Once it is changed you should be able to select a template. 
Photo of dbrguys6099

dbrguys6099

worked thank you much, now trying to publish and comes up 404 error on the search engine. I signed out then signed back in and renamed as the instructiois said then republished with no good results yet?

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 24,610 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
When I look at the site the domain is currently attached to I see choose design. Have you already built and saved the content on that specific site url? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.