Web Email- Problems with IE 10

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Trying to log in to web mail and the Zimbra screen is stuck on "Loading...". I have tried several times today and this has happened each time. I am using a new computer- Windows 8 operating system. Not sure if that is the issue. How can I check my email?

HELP!
Photo of Jaime0700

Jaime0700

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jaime -

Are you also using Internet explorer 10? If so, unfortunately Hmail is not yet fully compatible with that browser, so we recommend users to use an older version of IE or Firefox for hmail. I apologize for any inconvenience!

Thanks,
Aubrey
Photo of Terri3041

Terri3041

• 288 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
When are they going to update their system?
I don't like Firefox and using an older version of
IE isn't going to happen. People are paying them
for this service the least they could do is make sure
it is available to them. I know you (Aubrey) aren't
responsible for the mistakes of HS and I'm not meaning
to sound off on you. But, that being said I am truly getting
sick of HS and will start looking a new place to move all
three of my websites. It really is a shame, I've been with
this host for many years and this last one has totally gone
straight to the trash can.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Terri, I've responded to your other post. Please let me know if you need additional assistance. Thanks!
Photo of Jeff6797

Jeff6797

• 62 Points
Is there a fix besides downgrading IE? I'm having exactly same problem
Photo of EBHCFC6308

EBHCFC6308

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
At what point and time if any at all will the Homestead/Zimbra email system (specifically the advanced version) become operable with the new Microsoft Network Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 web browser? I completely know and understand that the email system will operate with the older versions of MSN and IE. I am also aware that the Homestead system works efficiently on web browsers like “GOOGLE”, “SAFARI” and “FIREFOX”, however those ARE NOT the Operating System or web browser my office runs and I should NOT feel compelled to download any other system onto my servers considering the different OS battle one another and all gather my personal information and data as well my business in order to operate efficiently. I believe and feel that it would be more appropriate and plain good business sense to offer customers/clients with a system that they are comfortable with affording them a free will to choose. Homestead was a choice, while we all could transfer and use a different web host without downloading another system while we appreciate the service; maybe this is something that intuit and homestead should think about prior to making any other changes or upgrades. SO....., when can we expect a fix?
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hello, I just posted a workaround and marked it as an official response. You can see how to use IE10 and access webmail complete with screenshots. I hope that helps until it's fully compatible.

Angela
Photo of CHRISTOPHER8283

CHRISTOPHER8283

• 70 Points
I'm having the same problem and I'm using IE9. I tried getting in on IE10 on a different system, but now can't get in on my main computer via IE9, Firefox, OR Chrome.
Photo of harold4187

harold4187

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I think the email system is down again. Email on my MacBook is not working.
Photo of Gus6916

Gus6916

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Email is down AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Gus6916

Gus6916

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is a problem every couple of days. PLEASE HELP or tell me to go to another provider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Jeremy7132

Jeremy7132

• 60 Points
I too am unable to log into email and is the 2nd time this week its been down. I can be losing business right now!!! System status does not show anything regarding this issue, no 24/7 phone support available, no live chat support available, no ETA... This is horrible service.. time to switch to a more reliable provider!!
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

We are currently investigating an issue impacting customers using Outlook or another email program to access Hmail. This does not affect all customers and those who are having problems when using an email program can still use webmail. http://mail.homesteadmail.com

Please follow our Company Update for the latest updates on this issue.
Photo of EBHCFC6308

EBHCFC6308

Currently I have all my Homestead/Zimbra email redirected into my new MSN windows 8/IE10 Outlook, however I would much rather be able to not have to go through that and just open it in the normal system.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Official Response
Unfortunately, we don't have a "fix" for Internet Explorer 10 compatibility. We are pushing for Zimbra to make updates so that it is compatible. In the meantime, I have found a workaround and verified that it works.

Here's what you can do to get access to webmail in IE10 -

1. Go to the upper right hand corner. Click the Tools icon. Then, click F12 Developer Tools.

2. Click IE10 Browser Mode.

3. Change to Internet Explorer 9
  4. .

Hope that helps,

Angela
Photo of Philip6556

Philip6556

• 60 Points
This "fix" works like a dream...thank you, Angela. Hope the IE10 compatibility issue gets resolved soon.
Photo of EBHCFC6308

EBHCFC6308

Thank you Angela, my last comment was sent prematurely, while you were responding again.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

No problem. Let me know if you need anything else!
Photo of EBHCFC6308

EBHCFC6308

I cannot open my email in the advanced version after installing windows 8 on my office computers. It has been loading for over ten minutes and is asking that I switch to the standard (HTML) version?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
advanced email disfunctional with new windows 8? "Still Loading".
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you follow the above instructions? When you installed Windows 8, it most likely installed IE 10 which is the issue. You can also download Google Chrome or Firefox and use either of them to check your email.

Thanks

Drew N
Photo of Nicole2883

Nicole2883

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi - I am trying to log on to my Zimbra email account and it will not load pass the "loading page" after signing in. My email is chelsey@girlsinthegame.ca. Please let me know by emailing me at chelseyclifford@sasktel.net. Thanks

Loading problems.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nicole2883,

Sorry for the delay -

Please let me know if you're still having trouble checking your webmail (if you've already tried using another browser other than IE10).

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Angela5505

Angela5505

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This fix does not help!! Try again people. Trying to run a business, if you cant get it right will have to find a company that can . . .
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Angela5505,

If changing the browser mode in Internet Explorer 10 is not working for you, I'd suggest using another browser for checking webmail such as Firefox or Chrome (free downloads). Another option would be to use an email client like Outlook, or a mobile device (smart phone) or tablet.

Thank you,

Ehsan
Photo of Michele3150

Michele3150

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is not working. I only get a page with html:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "">

If I try it on this page (or others) it opens them up. The hmail log in page will not work.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michele, Can you tell us what is is you tried which produced that message? Where you using IE 10?
Photo of Michele3150

Michele3150

Yes, I am using IE 10 and tried to use the work around above. I tried logging into my hmail account and then while I am on the page that gets "stuck" followed the directions above. It does not open up my email or re-load the page. I just get that html.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the frustration Michele, As mentioned above we are pushing for Zimbra to fix the incompatibility issues. As for right now, the best work-around would be to use a different browser such as Firefox, or Chrome. Thanks!
Photo of Michele3150

Michele3150

It's been months already...
Photo of Timothy0893

Timothy0893

• 62 Points
I have received service errors for the last 3 days

web email.
Photo of Marilyn7445

Marilyn7445

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When can we expect our webmail to be compatible with Explorer 10???

Webmail not compatible with Explorer 10.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Marilyn7445,

I'm really sorry for your frustrations -

Unfortunately, as Mike mentioned above, we've been trying to get this resolved but do not have an eta for the fix yet.

Please see Angela's comment for a workaround for the time being.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of lady2black8355

lady2black8355

• 62 Points
I cant not access my emails. when I click on an email it tells me that Homestead website can not be found. And I am not receiving emails either. Please let me know how long before this is fixed. I have clients and candidates trying to research me.

mailbox.
Photo of Elijah9033

Elijah9033

• 70 Points
I just got done chatting with support and they place all the blame on IE10, not taking responsibility in any way. It also looks like it has been an issue for several months and still no solution in sight other than messing with your IE settings. That is horrible customer service on the part of Homestead and in the mean time it is effecting my business. Easy to say it is time for everybody to start looking for a different provider.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Elijah9033,
Sorry for the frustration with IE 10 and the webmail client. Unfortunately in the software business, it is normal for various software systems (from different providers) to not communicate with each-other from time to time. In this case we are dealing with an web based email client created by Zimbra, and of course Microsoft's Internet Explorer program, which are not working well together.

We are indeed hopeful that the engineers figure out the incompatibility issue soon as we know this is frustrating for folks that prefer to use the IE browser.

At this time, quickest, simplest solution is to simply log in with Chrome or Firefox, and the web mail client will work just fine.

Thanks.

Mike
Photo of Kimberly5271

Kimberly5271

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When I try to log into e-mail I get a screen that has homestead logo and "client mail" and says "loading" but it never loads so I can't open my e-mail. This is through internet explorer but when I use google chrome it works. However, I do not like google chrome. Any thoughts?? Thank you!

Trouble Logging In / Says it's "loading" but never loads.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Kimberly5271,

Sounds like you're using IE10 which is currently not compatible with Zimbra. You'll need to use an older version of IE or another browser for the time being.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ehsan
Photo of Joe8337

Joe8337

• 818 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
How much of a refund do we receive because we can't access our e-mails as needed?
Basically you are telling us that anyone who purchases a new laptop will not be able to check e-mails or will have to jump through hoops to access--doesn't make any sense.
If one of your customers has an issue in life or business that causes them not to be able to pay the homestead monthly fees-you would close the accounts regardless of the issue---well-this e-mail issue is huge. Should be some sort of compensation-I would think.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the frustration Joe, but that is definitely not what we are telling you. There are many ways to access your email. In addition to changing the the configuration in IE 10, you can sitll use IE9, IE8, any recent version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari. You can check it via Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird and dozens of other email clients and smart phone apps. We are happy to help you out if you need assistance using one of the other options we are here to help you out.

Mike
Photo of Elijah9033

Elijah9033

• 70 Points
I agree with Joe. It is the same thing I would do for a client we were unable to provide our full services too, instead of blaming somebody else for the problem. It's ridiculous that Homestead blames in on IE10 not being compatible with THEIR system (how dare the IE system engineers not keep Zimbra in mind when developing new software) instead of being responsible and keeping theirs updated to work with new IE systems. Maybe I should not show up for a client shoot and blame it on the oil industry and that their gas pricing is not compatible with my system then tell them tough luck and that I will be taking their money anyways. For whatever reason Homestead thinks that is an acceptable business practice. I'm actually moving my website hosting over to Wix right now and regardless of what other host is chosen, I strongly advise all other Homestead users to do the same and stop putting up with the unacceptable service Homestead is providing..
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I feel the same way Elijah9033!

I have been here since 2006.

Homestead was the best.. I mean the BEST until Inuit bought them out. Things have gone downhill since and seem to be getting worse?
Photo of Kimberly5271

Kimberly5271

Has anyone tried the compatibility mode on IE 10? You type in the website you want to go to and then look to the far right of the address for an icon that looks like a piece of paper torn in half. Hit this button and then go onto your site and you should be able to view and access your site as you would have under older versions of IE 10.

I tried it on two of the websites I was having trouble with including Homestead and it appears to fix the problem.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for sharing your tip Kimberly5271, this method is probably easier than the method explained above!
Photo of Kimberly5271

Kimberly5271

No problem. I've used the compatibility mode all weekend and all websites including Homestead have worked fine. This method should tide people over until a permanent solution is found.
Photo of Kimberly5271

Kimberly5271

Homestead isn't the only website having trouble with IE 10. Two large, national websites I use daily as a lawyer are also apparently not compatible with IE 10. The only advice I was given by our IT was to use Google Chrome instead of IE 10 until if/when the other sites become compatible. Our IT said most people in IT have permanently switched to Google Chrome because of the issues with IE 10.

Absolutely frustrating but not limited to Homestead.
Photo of Kimberly5271

Kimberly5271

I'm reposting what I posted as a reply above as a new comment so hopefully people will see it.

Has anyone tried the compatibility mode on IE 10? You type in the website you want to go to and then look to the far right of the address for an icon that looks like a piece of paper torn in half. Hit this button and then go onto your site and you should be able to view and access your site as you would have under older versions of IE 10.

I tried it on two of the websites I was having trouble with including Homestead and it appears to fix the problem.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for the post Kimberly. I've heard that IE10 is giving many people grief with a lot of different websites and your fix seems to be the best work-around at this time.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.