We need to export Database of our Site, how we can do that with homestead??

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

We are building iOS App for our site build with Homestead, we need the database exported but cannot find an option... Can someone help me in this regard??
Photo of Sami4631

Sami4631

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • helpless

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,636 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sami4631,

Our sites are simple HTML, they are not database driven. You appear to use the desktop Sitebuilder so the site files will be stored on your hard drive. What do you need to do?
Photo of Sami4631

Sami4631

I am already using sitebuilder on my desktop. Let me clear the situation, we are building an iOS / Android app for this site (http://www.gmpsop.com/). To read all of the files i have currently uploaded here, my app developer needs an SQL Database for the webservice they are currently developing so that the Webservice can call the Database to identify the articles.

This is what we are looking for and caught in because sitebuilder don't provide us any option to export the database or read the database through an API or something else like this....

Is there any other option in this situation??
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
By the sound of it no. If they need a SQL database for your site only, then it will not work with the Homestead sites. As our sites are not database driven, but HTML driven. 
Photo of Sami4631

Sami4631

That's already understood that these are HTML driven sites so what are the other options to export the files and in which format??

Also is there any API which can be used to read website??
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
There is no other format you can export the website as, and there is not an API integration with our sites. You can get your HTML files of your site if you use SiteBuilder desktop by going to the file path on your pc where the files are stored. 

Windows XP go to C:\Program Files\Homestead\SiteBuilder\data\user\Sites.

Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8 go to C:\ProgramData\Homestead\SiteBuilder\data\user\Sites.
To learn how to find this folder, read 
Show hidden folders in Windows. You will see one or more folders named "XXXXXXXXXX", but with a number sequence instead of the letter "X".

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.