Wanting to Move Domain and Website to another Homestead Account

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

Many years ago I set up a website and domain for a non-profit association. I am retiring from the organization and another person wants to manage the website. Because I have personal websites on my Homestead account that I will continue, I do not want to share my account with the new website manager. They do not have a Homestead account yet and are fairly a newbie at website building but willing to try. What is the process of transferring everything over within Homestead? Do they need to set up an account first and pay and then we start the process of transferring? If there was a way that users not have access to my personal account information (like credit card info), I would just continue to own it and have that person do the updates and all. If there is a place on here that answers my questions, just show the link. I have looked for a while and can't seem to find anything that specifically answers my questions.
Thank you.
Photo of Sue9806

Sue9806

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • unsure

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,156 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Unfortunately, the site cannot be transferred to a different account. I can have someone contact them from our design team if they would like a site built based off of the current site, and the domain name can be moved to a different Homestead account, but the website content cannot.
Photo of Sue9806

Sue9806

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your reply. I have been so busy that I forgot to check for an answer here! Okay, so whoever takes over the domain will have to start from scratch and rebuild. It has needed a fresh look for a while, so change will be good. I will contact the parties involved and see what their next step will be. Thanks again for answering my query!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.