Viewing video using androids system

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When using my android phone to view my site, I noticed the following message where a video should be playing: Windows Video Player Required. How do I correct this using Homestead Sitebuilder ?
Photo of Ghislain4277

Ghislain4277

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ghislain4277,

It sounds like your phone isn't compatible with windows media player if the browser isn't able to recognize the video.

You may want to try converting your video to another format that is compatible with Android devices and then embedding it to your site.

Hope this info helps, thanks.

Ehsan

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.
Photo of Ghislain4277

Ghislain4277

Hi Ghislain4277,

According to the Android support forums, the stock media player in Android systems does not support .wmv files. You might try converting the .wmv files to Flash (.swf) and then re-upload the file to the page.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Ghislain4277

Ghislain4277

I gather that androids phone cannot play windows media player. What media player works with android phones? And what type of files are required?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ghislain4277,

As Mike suggested above, .swf is compatible with Android devices - However, Apple mobile devices do not support flash.

You may want to look into converting your video(s) to quicktime format and uploading them to youtube, I think that'd be your best bet for making them view-able on both mobile devices.

Thanks,
Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.