View Stats problem? Stopped counting at 4 and I went to site multiple times but it doesn't register the count.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: stats are resolved

View Stats counter is not working. Went to page multiple times (at least 10) but it only shows 4 visits to website. Frustrated as I just sent a marketing piece out and have no way to know how many looks my site got.
Photo of Valerie7522

Valerie7522

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 262,450 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am looking into this for you. I am checking with the stats provider to see if they are having an issue.
Photo of garry5335

garry5335

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
View stats stopped reporting for us at 8:00 am CST on Jan 18
Photo of Drew N

We are working with the stats provider on this.
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

• 498 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
any idea how long this will take to fix the stats tracker? thankyou
Photo of paul6395

paul6395

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
same trouble here , stats still aren't working right!
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

mine has been down since yesterday at 1 pm. I hope it won't be much longer
Photo of Drew N

I am sorry, but I do not have an ETA. We are working to resolve.
Photo of garry5335

garry5335

No stats going on for 3 days now!
Photo of John8467

John8467

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
traffic stats for my website have not worked for 2 days
Photo of James6526

James6526

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Having the same problem here, cannot review stats. Four days now.
Photo of Chris9845

Chris9845

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same here. Stopped getting Stats on January 18, 2018.

Get it fixed.
Photo of Robin6306

Robin6306

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
No stats on mine either, my busiest weekend of the year for my business, what bad timing:( stopped getting stats on Jam 18
(Edited)
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled no stats since Jan 18 2018.

No stat information since early Jan 18 2018.
Photo of christine2742

christine2742

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Having the same problem.  No stats since early 1/18/18...
Photo of garry5335

garry5335

No stats going on for 3 days now!
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

It is frustrating. Anyone know of another free stat service that we can use until Homestead fixes this?
Photo of James2222

James2222

• 60 Points
Mine has stopped as well. Who do we contact?
Photo of Drew N

You can use Google Analytics for stats. Our development staff is working on this issue. At this point, support will not be able to fix this. We need to wait for the developers to resolve this, which we will do as soon as possible. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience in the matter.
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

That is Great News!! Will you please notify us once it is fixed? If they cannot fix this, maybe they can find a new way for on site to track stats instead.  I looked thru the info and examples of “how to” install, open an account, etc for Google Analytics. This may seem easy enough for some people but I am a little bit older. This website's stats tracker "Real Tracker" is not complicated at all to figure out and built right into the website host for ease of use from our pages. I hope they are not phasing their own tracker out 
(Edited)
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,732 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Analytics Not Working.

It seems the stats page in the dashboard stopped working on January 18th.  Status??
Photo of Robin6306

Robin6306

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My website quit calculating visitors and then is shows ZERO activity since someti....

My website quit calculating visitors and then is shows ZERO activity since sometime January 18th. This was the weekend of my open house and I really wanted to see what kind of hits and visitors that I had. Now there is nothing, please help.
Photo of Julie5154

Julie5154

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My dashboard has not tracked visitors to my website for the last 3 days. Is anyo....
Photo of Aki5540

Aki5540

• 2,234 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My sites traffic.

My site traffic dropped January 18th and has stayed at about 8% of normal. What do you think is happening? It's a Sitebuilder site. Haven't made any changes or updates. The traffic just disappeared. I'm about to launch the new builder site replacement but am still a bit away.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

How do I use Google Analytics to track my site's traffic without jumping through a bunch of hoops and without switching entirely off of the stats provider in the dashboard?
Photo of Jack6330

Jack6330

• 60 Points
There should absolutely be a credit to our accounts for this. Please tell us how you will credit all of us?!
Photo of David6032

David6032

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled No recording of traffic to my website....

My website nightsatthebeekley has had 0 traffic for 4 days. I literally have visited it 3 times and yet no traffic has been noted. The website is working but no traffic date is being reported. Please help.
Photo of Betty4108

Betty4108

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My visits per day have been zero for three days..

My visits per day have been zero for three days. I know this can not be true as I have been on the site myself several times. Why are the visits not showing up?Is anyone else experiencing this? My site is www.winnschoolofrealestate.com 
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

Hi Betty, mine is only slightly better shows I am the only visitor! it's been down since Thursday. Drew says they are working on it so that is Good News. Your website looks very good.
Photo of Betty4108

Betty4108

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Donna, Yes... Good News.  I just wanted to make sure that I was not the only one experiencing this issue. Have a great 2018!
Photo of debra1584

debra1584

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mine is not working either, hope they get it fixed soon
Photo of Drew N

The stats should be working now. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Photo of Julie5154

Julie5154

Mine are still not working
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

Maybe it takes awhile to correct itself?? BUT My stats are not working either, maybe a reboot of my computer will bring up a different answer but it still looks like I'm the only one looking at my website.
Photo of Drew N

Unfortunately, it will only count from when I posted. Visits while the stats were not registering can't be recovered. They were not being captured during that time.
Photo of Julie5154

Julie5154

Mine are currently not counting.  I just logged on to my website from my computer, my phone, and my husband's computer and my stats still say zero for today.
Photo of Drew N

Sorry, the update is taking a little longer that expected.
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

thanks for the updates!! and taking care to get this fixed. I knew what you meant about no tracking on the previous days, though it would be nice if we could see the days we missed, we'll take whatever we can get at this point. It may seem minor to some people, this is a very important feature of Homestead. my tracking today of this sole visitor stopped at 12:33 EST so maybe soon it will work just find. i will write when it does
thanks so much
Photo of ToFrede

ToFrede

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Any idea when the stats will resume counting? Our 3 websites show no visitors for....

Any idea when the stats will resume counting? Our 3 websites show no visitors for the last 4 days. We find these figures to be off a bit ...
Photo of Drew N

Should be soon
Photo of Kira8476

Kira8476

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Save us Drew!  
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

yes, he'll be my Hero if this works.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Mine is still not working.  I thought I read that it is fixed --- just fyi...
Photo of Drew N

I misunderstood. They were starting the release. I thought they had finished. Should not be long. Trying to check with them now.
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

Hi Joshua,
your stats should be working now, mine are working again and it's a lovely sight!! I have the old Desktop version though so publishing seems at a halt right now but confident it's just something. I hesitate to do upgrades because sometimes the desktop needs to be reloaded.
Photo of Drew N

Official Response
The new code is now live. It could take a little bit for the stats to start accumulating again. Let us know if you do or do not see anything change.
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

YES!!! Mine is working now and starting to load a few incoming visits. seems to be working fine now, we'll let you know if that changes at all but THANK YOU DREW for listening to us and getting them to fix it. CHEERS!!
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

Hi Drew, after seeing the stats are working normally, I just went into my website to get a gameplan together and it says there's a new update. it says I need to get the latest version of sitebuilder to publish my pages. now I do not mind but wanted to check with you first as I have the old DeskTop version and need to keep that.. is what they want me to do OK and won't erase the desktop from my computer?? let me know if you can. thanks
Photo of Drew N

Let me check. It might be required. What Windows version are you on?
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

windows 10, I'd hate to have to reload anything but I can.
Photo of Drew N

Don't do anything yet. Let me let you know shortly.
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

thank you. when I click on the Homestead app on my desk computer, it launches and says: Do you want to allow this app. to make changes to your device Homestead SiteBuildr Updater.. then cliick on yes or no. I usually do no just because i don't trust stuff. :) if you click on more details it gives you the Verified publisher as Homestead. com the tells you where your File Origin is : hard drive on this computer and shows me my C: / Program files .... then update.exe-copy required- check for updates.
 if I go into my website after saying no, I can log in, see my site but cannot publish.
so I guess I'll have to do the updater and see what happens but will wait to hear from you before doing it. also I appreciate your time, I already missed supper so I need to go soon. maybe continue this later tonight or tomorrow if possible. thank you for your help
(Edited)
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

Hi Drew, can you get back to me tomorrow if you have time, not sure where you are I am in NY. you must get alot of headaches doing what you do. my hat's off to you with patience and the knowledge you have
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

Hey Drew, my website is publishing just fine now. it fixed itself I guess?? I did not redo an update, maybe tomorrow they will hit me with it when I go to the HomesteadIcon to open it but the message to Site Builder Update went away tonight.
Thanks for being there. have agoodnight
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

Hey Drew, my website is publishing just fine now. it fixed itself I guess?? I did not redo an update, maybe tomorrow they will hit me with it when I go to the HomesteadIcon to open it but the message to Site Builder Update went away tonight.
Thanks for being there. have agoodnight
Photo of Sandra9837

Sandra9837

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Although I have enjoyed putting my web site together here and depending on Homestead to be reliable, my friend and I are now considering leaving and building our sites elsewhere. This is a big let down. The right thing to do would have been to tell everyone a problem has come up and they are working on it instead of all of us trying to figure it out for ourselves on this blog. I do find this odd that this situation has come up with the government shut down? So is this a protest of some sort? Have the Russians done something to cause this? Or it could have come from another source.  What ever the reason, it hope this gets fixed soon. Is it because of the government shut down no one wants to work? I hope all of our sites are not shut down too ! I have seen this happen before. Little things start going away, then all of a sudden we are all locked out. I have already started to build another site as a back up. I do not have a good feeling about this at all !
(Edited)
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

Sandra (and Drew) I feel this could have been handled so much better. Though I appreciate what Drew is doing to catch us up on what is going on, it would have been so much better to have a notice posted on the login page. I can understand when repairs or maintenance needs to be made. What I don't like is leaving us hanging over the week-end without any info, let alone stats. And now to find out we cannot publish any changes until we know how it will effect our desk top usage is totally unacceptable. As I say, I appreciate Drew's help, but where is the top brass?!?  Someone from Homestead needs to speak-up.  Like Sandra, I came to Homestead out of desperation when my previously very reliable website builder disappeared over-night without any warning. Needless to say this weekends disruption has left me very worried. Homestead needs to rebuild my confidence in them.

Sandy

Photo of Sandra9837

Sandra9837

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
An exciting update ! My stats are starting to work again ! I hope this continues !  Been great reading what the community has to say. Thank you Drew ! Hugs and kisses.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.