View Stats is malfunctioning

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I go to view stats it says no visits but I know for certain the website has been viewed. This has happened since the ability to view stats was restored from your internal problem at Homestead
Photo of Deanna8264

Deanna8264

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • angry

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of James5012

James5012

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree - for days the stats say no visits.  I know this to be totally incorrect as I have visited my site several times with no visit showing.  This needs to be fixed immediately as we are paying for this service. Fix it, fix it , fix it!!!!!

James 5012
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We resolved the issue where the "View Stats" button wasn't redirecting to the proper URL and https visits weren't tracking. With those updates, it seems that there is an issue with the stats on non-secure sites.
If you follow the process to secure your domains through Cloudflare, your stats would start functioning:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https

We will continue to troubleshoot this on our end.
Photo of Jan8571

Jan8571

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You need to get stats restored asap w/o hoops to jump thru. Was working fine for years. And need to provide credit for monthly fees for inoperable stats element. 
this was a pain but it does make the stats work 

Photo of Prospector

Prospector

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
No stats on my site since early June. Are you saying that site visits without using the the https: are no longer tracking, when they used to?
Photo of Jan8571

Jan8571

This is so not acceptable. Stats was working for YEARS and now we have to jump thru hoops??  Need to fix asap or we'll be moving our accounts.
Photo of Chris9845

Chris9845

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Bogus. This is a feature I pay for and I should not be doing a work around due to your failure in providing the protections needed.

Fix it NOW!
Photo of Linda5637

Linda5637

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is the second time this has happened and the last time was a month or so ago and lasted for weeks.  The "fix" never worked for me and even called twice and the reps were not able to fix it either.  Their suggestion was to redo my site on the "new" site-builder.  Not going to happen as I don't have that kind of time. When I mentioned this cost of time they recommended that they could have one of their designers do it for $1,500.  Outrageous! This is what I am paying for and need this information for my business. 
Photo of Bernard9193

Bernard9193

If I can jump through hoops to get it working, why can't Homestead?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry for the trouble. This is something that we are aware of and working to resolve on our end. Unfortunately, this is taking time to fix and we do not have an expected resolution date.

The "workaround" that we are providing, which is to secure your site through Cloudflare, is recommended to do regardless of whether you need to view stats or not, as it is becoming increasingly important to have a secure site. Having a site that is not secure can affect your SEO and can provide a negative customer experience as some people are not comfortable visiting non-secure sites.
The builder you are using is older and not compatible with us providing an SSL on our end, which is why we suggest you use Cloudflare. If you do not wish to use Cloudflare and you don't want to rebuild your site in WebsiteBuilder, you can also view stats by connecting and using Google Analytics, which is a free program that provides excellent stat tracking.
Photo of Donna9710

Donna9710

• 668 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I am now using Google Analytics as tracking because I have desktop which is easier for me to do because I have vision problems, but the Google Analytics is far too complicated to figure it all out and is more for the very advanced user. The real tracker  you provider for stats on your sight was simple to see the followers you have and what page each was looking at and how long the individual spent looking. hoping you can bring it back sometime soon. 
Photo of Jan8571

Jan8571

Well you've had a month and no solution and you obviously have many very unhappy clients. All it's gonna take is some bad media attention and publicity and homestead will be toast so you best get it fixed now. You'll also need to address a credit for all those that are paying for this feedback and not getting it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.