video in mobile version of WSB

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

How do I get a video to fit the screen in the mobile version??   i.e., www.getcoveredonline.net
Photo of Hal9944

Hal9944

• 1,040 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 35,452 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If it is the video that is at the top of the page using HTML you can edit the codes width and height to smaller dimensions to fit better on mobile. 
Photo of Hal9944

Hal9944

But doing that changes the size on the desktop too.   Is there a way to make it fit in mobile without changing the desktop size?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Correct, unfortunately there is not another way since it is an HTML video, if you use a Youtube video link it would allow us to resize the element on mobile just like an image or text box. 
Photo of Hal9944

Hal9944

That works, but using the youtube link, the video dominates the screen.   I need phone numbers below the video to show up at the bottom because the end of the video shows a different phone number.    What's my solution to that problem?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Understandable, you can maybe place a text box below the video. 
Photo of Hal9944

Hal9944

I do have a text box below the video (the green text), but when you click to play the video, it doesn't display because the video dominates the screen.    How can I get around that using the YouTube video link?
Photo of Hal9944

Hal9944

I think I got it by adding a section for mobile and hiding the first section, then eliminating the "pop up when clicked" option on the video.   .....unless you have a better way.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Disabling pop up when click should work. I was playing with it also and was not able to get it adjusted otherwise. 
Photo of Hal9944

Hal9944

It looks pretty good on both now, thanks Michelle.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Awesome, no problem.
Photo of Lynae7807

Lynae7807

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Michelle, I added a you tube video and it does not show on my mobile site.  How do I add it?
Lynae
Photo of Lynae7807

Lynae7807

Michelle, I added a you tube video and it does not show on my mobile site.  How do I add it?
Lynae
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Lynae,

It may be under the hidden elements from the mobile settings. I was not able to locate the video. What website and page is it on? I can take a better look. 
Photo of Lynae7807

Lynae7807

Fortworthcountrymemories.com - That is the problem.  It is on the desktop version on the home page but did not transfer to mobile site. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

The section that that video is in is hidden. Go to the mobile editor, select settings and under hidden elements you will see section 2. Click on the eye to add it back to the page. 

Photo of Lynae7807

Lynae7807

Perfect.... Thanks!!!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.