URGENT SLOW INDEX PAGE LOADING

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My home index page now hangs up waiting for HTML SEOGEARS to respond. I cancelled Homestead's SEO services a few months ago and yesterday after I re-published my index page with only a minor typo change, ever since the page is extremely slow to load. I noticed on my browser in the lower left screen that it said "Waiting for HTML SEOGEARS to respond." Eventually the page fills, but only after a few minutes. Can you please tell me what is happening? I removed what I thought was every HTML link on the index page in a saved copy and previewed it - still no improvement. This is an URGENT MATTER. www.MedallionInspections.com
Photo of Jim5136

Jim5136

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello. In the very top right corner of the Homepage is a small HTML box containing the SEO tracking code. Delete that and it should stop trying to connect to a service you no longer have. The strange thing is that your site came right up for me, even with the code there. Give that a try and let us know if you need anything else.

Drew
Photo of david2953

david2953

• 6,946 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Drew...I am having same issue mentioned above, however I subscribe to SEO service through Homestead/SEO Gears and cannot remove the tracking code. Sections of the pages on our site are slow to load and you can see the same message at the lower left side of the page, "waiting for HTML SEOGEARS to respond" www.csthousing.com
Photo of Jim5136

Jim5136

Drew that did the trick. Thanks for the quick reply. I was starting to sweat it for Monday morning!
Photo of Jim5136

Jim5136

BTW it was in the top LEFT corner...
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry. I am glad it worked. I saw it in the upper left and for some reason typed right.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.