unwanted ads on my website

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Today I noticed that I am getting unwanted ads that show up as links under certain words on my website:
www.FlyingCatConcerts.com

I noticed them on the index page under the words "Musical Performance" and several other random words/phrases. The ad seems to be by Coupon Drop Down. I did not follow the link for fear that it was a virus. HELP!
Is my website infected with something?
Photo of indyfolkseries3021

indyfolkseries3021

• 832 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi indyfolkseries3021,

It sounds like you may have malware/adware installed on your computer.

I was not seeing what you described on your home or other pages. I'd suggest viewing your site on another computer to compare what you see.

In addition to running an antivirus scan, check your browsers for browser add ons or extensions, those can sometimes be the cause as well.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Ehsan

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.
Photo of indyfolkseries3021

indyfolkseries3021

• 832 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
thanks, you are spot on. I viewed the website on another computer and didn't have any issues. Not so great that my computer is infected, but at least visitors to my website won't be affected.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi indyfolkseries3021,

Glad to hear it's not the site itself and only a local problem. Hopefully it won't be too hard to clean up your computer, that adware stuff can be pretty annoying.

Good luck!

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.