Unpublish

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive conversation

Despite repeated attempts, I have not been successful at unpublishing this site.  I really appreciate your help. 

http://vvoc.homestead.com/index.html

Photo of Amy6613

Amy6613

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Puzzled.

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,260 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
UNPUBLISH OR UNDER CONSTRUCTION:
You can unpublish from the file manager. Click on your site name on the top right of the editor. Open your File Manager, select your pages and files, and un-publish.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If you are referring to a site built on Sitebuilder Plus, then themieleman is correct.
If you are talking about a WebsiteBuilder site, then there is not an "unpublish" function. You can either create a landing page or we can park your domain.
Photo of Amy6613

Amy6613

I followed those instructions and made several attempts.  The "unpublish" feature reverted back to "publish" yet the site was still published/visible.  I cleaned out my cookies/history to make sure that was not the issue but the problem remains.  This was done on the older editor, Sitebuilder Plus.

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Did you make sure to select the pages? You can use the Shift button to select multiple pages at a time, but you need to make sure to have all the pages selected.
Photo of Amy6613

Amy6613

Yes, I will go try again and see if it works this time.
Photo of Amy6613

Amy6613

Update:   I finally did get it to unpublish but for some reason, I had to re-publish every page, unpublish, repeat to get it to take.  But it's not published anymore so all good.  Thanks! :)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

It is very odd that it made you do that, but I'm glad it is unpublished now!
Photo of Amy6613

Amy6613

Definitely odd.  I have no idea why that happened, I'm just glad it's done :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.