Unpublish Website in Website Builder

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I feel like I should be able to find out how to do this, but after clicking around I can't seem to find the option.  How can I unpublish my website? 
Thanks so much!
Photo of Amy6613

Amy6613

• 1,110 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,136 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Amy!

Unfortunately, there is no "unpublish" option in Website Builder. You can do one of two options. Remove the DNS connecting your domain to your site, or create a landing page like "under construction" or something. Make that your Home page, with no navigation menu. If you are worried about the pages showing up in search engines, you can place a "NoIndex" rule on your page. This code can be found by searching "no index code" through a search engine like Google.

Photo of Steven2118

Steven2118

• 70 Points
Elyzabeth, I have just started using WebsiteBuilder after using SiteBuilder for over 20 years. I have been a customer for a long time. I felt I needed to switch to WebsiteBuilder so my sites would be more secure. Thus far I am disappointed with WebsiteBuilder. There are many nice features to it over SiteBuilder; however, WebsiteBuilder lacks many basic features found in Sitebuilder such as no Unpublish, no custom forms, no importing of HTML pages from third party software. I don't understand the thought process of creating a new building platform with these basic features that have been available for many years. Right now I am not a happy customer. Yours truly, Steve Pequignot, spequignot@aol.com
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 25,170 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Steve,

I apologize you are unhappy with the new software, there is going to be a learingin cureve but we will be here to assist with any road block you may encounter. Unfortunately, not everything that was available in Sitebuilder is an option in WebsiteBuilder. We have sent feedback and feature requests for what you have mentioned and we will now need to be patient to see if development will implement these. 
Photo of Steven2118

Steven2118

• 70 Points
Michelle,

It was nice that you took time to reply to my message. Thank you for doing so. It appears that I will have to continue using the older software for some of my needs. I am hopeful that your team will be able to include the features I mentioned in WebsiteBuilder at some point. I understand there will be a huge learning curve for me with the new software. I may add some linked pages to sites using the new software, but for now I don’t thing the new software is suitable, at least for my needs, to create a full site. 

I hope your team can dazzle me soon with some of the features I addressed.

I do appreciate your professional response. 

Yours truly,

Steve Pequignot
Photo of Amy6613

Amy6613

• 1,110 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Okay thank you so much!  :)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,136 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.