Unable to use underscore in a custom CNAME edit of the DNS settings

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I'm trying to authenticate my domain www.cotwcanada.com with my MailChimp account.  To do that, I've set up an email account, Kanes@cotwcanada.com, that is now working.  MailChimp requires me to add a custom TXT to the DNS settings as well as a new CNAME record.  The problem I'm running into is it looks like Homestead doesn't want me to use an underscore "_" in the host name which is specifically required for authentication.  Specifically I need to Create a CNAME record for k1._domainkey.cotwcanada.com with this value: dkim.mcsv.net.<br><br>Is there any way to allow underscore in this edit?&nbsp; Thanks!<br>
Photo of Johnnie5933

Johnnie5933

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the nameservers that the registrar provides us. They will not accept this record. For authentication purposes typically there will be an alternate method available.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.