Unable to update website

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Sync files message in Sitebuilder 10/26/2015 6:15pm Mountain time

On the Synchronize File page my published website file FAILS to download. I cannot update or change content on my website. I need immediate assistance
Photo of David4214

David4214

• 1,226 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • upset

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Please Let me know that you are logging out of Homestead and then stay logged out until I post back here.
Photo of David4214

David4214

Logging out of the site until you contact me that this problem is fixed
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

David4214,

Clear your browser history and log in to try again. This may only allow a single login without having to do this again, so make sure if you log in, you have time to make the edits you need.
Photo of David4214

David4214

Browser and cache history cleared. I was able to update however why would the system only allow a single login? Is this going to be a recurring problem when I login to update my website pages in the future. What exactly prevented the published copy from being downloaded? Lastly, thank you for your immediate attention to this problem, I only hope it is a rare ocurrence.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I hope so too. Some accounts have it recur. IT is a problem with the server side cache file. We continue to investigate the issue to resolve it for everyone. You may be able to log in more than once. Thus far it seems pretty random
Photo of Andrew7090

Andrew7090

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
what the hell !

why wont the synchronization loop stop! 

Im using firefox
Photo of Andrew7090

Andrew7090

Going on three days now!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Please Let me know that you are logging out of Homestead and then stay logged out until I post back here.
Photo of Andrew7090

Andrew7090

When?   A few days?  Hours?  When?

Forgive my temper ....Im just frustrated for a service when Im paying you all and losing money.   I DONT LIKE BEING DELETED OR CENSORED...Im sure others feel my frustration.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

And I am forced to remove those posts as well. I am sorry. If you don't want a post removed keep it productive and professional as per the community guidelines.

I can't fix this for you permanently at this time, but I can almost always get you in at least once to make needed edits. Unfortunately, that is what I can do for you now. If you have edits, let me know what site and I will clear it from our end to see if you can log in without the sync message and make changes. If you don't need to make changes right now then don't log in as you may not get in right away. I have a meeting scheduled tomorrow to see where we are with this issue. Until then, the best I can do is to try to get you in one time right now. I won't be here much longer today, so let me know if you would lie me to try tonight.
Photo of Andrew7090

Andrew7090

I have to make changes constantly Drew.... this synchronization constantly happens.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I understand and am sorry, I can try clearing the server cache. This should let you in at least once. For some it resolved it. Some see the issue recur after 1 or more log ins

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.