Unable to bring up website on line 10/20/2018

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

Update, Attention tech support! My website will come up if this is attached to my website name (.homesteadcloud.com) When I go into (Website Manager) it shows my URL as ending in.com. Please correct this error. I am still unable to access the (Domain) section. I can access every other section. Please assist. HELP!
I entered the URL of my website, There is an error 404) Error, it says website can't be found. I checked Homestead and the URL is active, my account in good standing. I am also unable to access the (Domain) section. I have been with Homestead for many years, love you guys. However, I am very disappointed that there isn't tech support for issues such as this. Before MS took over I was able to reach tech support after hours now, no body's home after business hours. Please assist with correcting this technical error. Thank you.
Photo of CoalQueen

CoalQueen

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of CoalQueen

CoalQueen

HELP,HELP,HELP
Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 7,454 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Coal Queen:

The support at Homestead is not available over the weekend. The number to call on Monday is 1-800-710-1998.
Photo of CoalQueen

CoalQueen

Dear Les, Thank you, but I am aware of this and I have the number on speed dial. The problem here is Homestead. I have been with them for many years, my bill is not due until Nov. 6th, I received an email last night saying my account is suspended and will be deleted after 30 days and some functionality will be affected. PROBLEM IS MY ACCOUNT IS PAID IN FULL UNTIL NOV 6TH AS IS SHOWN IN MY HOMESTEAD ACCOUNT. So the problems I am having is because the billing department is being overzealous. I have been with homestead for over 15 years. The last few years there has been early billing and suspension of my account even though my account has been paid in full and up to date. Mistakes happen for sure, since Homestead was sold to another big giant, I have had ongoing problems with mistakes being made and a lapse in time for them to correct them. This cost me time and money. This particular mistake is occurring every few months. As per my previous message on here I was saying that I wish Homestead would a technical support for us customers after hours and weekends. Time effort and revenue is lost when you work on launching your website and this happens. Don't get me wrong I love Homestead, that is why I am still with them and all for progress but gee whiz, Homestead, don't penalize me before my next bill is due. Thanks for listening.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 17,578 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello CoalQueen

Your account is past due because on 10/19, you added another domain with domain privacy onto your account, which will charge a prorated amount based on the number of days left in your billing cycle. This charge has not been paid since 10/19 when we first tried to bill it. Your account is not suspended yet, but eventually will be if it is not paid. For future reference, whenever you add something additional to your account, it will bill you for it that day.

In regard to your site not working, the site association is not working. This is a very easy fix. Please follow the instructions in this article to resolve:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/fixing-the-website-builder-404-error

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.