Try to open website. Get: contact customer support. Spent half hour trying to do that. Help!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Try to open my website dramamama.net. Get message: contact customer support. Spent half hour trying to figure out how to do that. What's going on? I've had this website for decades with no problems. Help!
Photo of Robin Rice Lichtig

Robin Rice Lichtig

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Peter4304

Peter4304

• 562 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
All I can say is "Good Luck!"  Their customer support is non-existent to say the least!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Robin,

Homestead is currently undergoing maintenance - transferring the data center and somewhere along the line there was a hiccup and many of the desktop SiteBuilder users are unable to access their programs. Some can log in and make edits, but are unable to publish. The maintenance is scheduled to last through Dec. 12, but as the transfer progresses sites should start coming back up. In the meantime you can ask to use Plus if you don't already have it. So, if you get the message that you are not online or one that says your log in or password are incorrect then this is no doubt your issue and it's a sit and wait situation.
Photo of Darrel

Darrel

• 1,110 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Just in case this info helps, sitebuilder plus is also shut down. It would do you no good to try to change to plus. You would just experience the same lock-out there. 
On 12/8 I was told all would be restored by end of business on 12/9. That didn't happen. On 12/10 I was told it would be restored between 12/11 and 12/15. (I'm not gonna hold my breath!) then last night, I read a post by Drew stating that all would be restored by the end of December. 
It appears that there is no one at Homestead that seems to know any more than us idiots do (idiots for entrusting our fate to Homestead). 

GOOD LUCK!

Robin Rice Lichtig

Well damn! I have two new plays being produced in NYC in early 2015. Need to get the details on my website. It's like being held hostage. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Robin Rice Lichtig,

I am able to get into your Sitebuilder Plus. Can you use it?

Drew

Robin Rice Lichtig

Yes, I just tried it and it worked. Hallelujah!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Great!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Robin Rice Lichtig,

The domain dramamama.net is registered at Network Solutions and forwarded here. In any case, the site comes up for me, and I am able to launch Sitebuilder Plus. Have you been able to see and edit the site?

Drew

Robin Rice Lichtig

It's working! Thanks very much, everyone. So incredibly frustrating to be told to contact customer support and then not be able to!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I'm glad it's working Robin Rice Lichtig,

You can always post questions here.

Drew
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Actually Robin if you have questions this is the best place to get answers. Drew is very responsive and helpful. :)

Robin Rice Lichtig

I've filed this thread in my Website folder. Next time.... Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Perfect. From time to time we archive threads that have run their course. Plus we like to have 1 topic per thread so that they are more easily searched and less confusing to the reader, so don't be surprised if you aren't able to post to this topic in the future. Just create a new one.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.