transferring domain

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Will my custom email address transfer with my domain? Thanks.
Photo of Aki5540

Aki5540

• 2,314 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,918 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

The email will not transfer. I would recommend you save any emails you need prior to transferring and recreate the email address on the new registrar.
Photo of Aki5540

Aki5540

I deleted the domains email from Homestead. I'm trying to reclaim the address for the domain's new location. It's not working. Do have to wait or something? Thanks.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,918 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you are trying to create the email address with your new registrar and it is not working, I would recommend you contact them to troubleshoot. Creating a new email address is not dependent on that email address not existing with another company. The only thing that matters is where your domain is pointing.

To answer your question specifically, no there is no waiting time. You technically didn't even have to delete your email with us to be able to create the same one with another company, so if it is not allowing you to create the email on their system, this is something they will need to look into.
(Edited)
Photo of Aki5540

Aki5540

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.