Transfer pages from temporary domain

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archives

I have a temporary domain to allow me to try out new website designs and new pages. Now that I have a new design/pages I want to use, how do I transfer the new pages to my main website? I'm hoping I don't have to create them all over again in the main website!
Thanks
Susan
Photo of Susan1349

Susan1349

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 259,004 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is the new site a complete site? If so, you just change the association of the domain to the new site and wait up to 30 minutes.
Photo of Susan1349

Susan1349

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My website is www.cathospitals.net. I created a new site in SiteBuilder Plus to try out designs (cathospitals1.homestead.com) while leaving the old site up. I want to move the new pages to my current site (www.cathospitals.net). Is it possible to do that?
thanks
Susan
Photo of Drew N

We can't copy pages into an existing site. We basically have to replace 1 site with the other, or the pages need to be manually built on the current site.
Hi, I am trying to connect my new domain name with my temporary domain name in Homestead. I have a Homestead package and was told that I need to change my home page name to index in order to use my new domain name. How do I do that? I have searched the forums, but I can not figure out how to do this.
Photo of Drew N

endrikawestministries9808, you are using Websitebuilder. The home page can be named anything you like. The site seems to be working now. Do you still see an issue?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.