Time for domain pointing switch to occur?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How long does it take for a new site to appear when switching the domain pointer? It has been hours and still seeing a blank page saying this site is hosted by Intuit. I am losing business.
Photo of david2937

david2937

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good morning,

It looks like the pointing is done fine, but you deleted the index page which is the default page for the site. It looks like you named a page home, so if you rename that index, then your site should come back. You will need to also update any links you have that go to home.html, to point to index.html.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of david2937

david2937

Hello Drew,

I wondered about that-- now I don't know if I went to bed too late, but how do I get into the url to change the name of the home page-- I am looking and looking, but cannot find it. Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You will rename home to index.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of david2937

david2937

This does not work-- when I go to edit site, the editing frame appears, but there is no site to edit-- just a blank space.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry, are you using the downloaded Sitebuilder?
Photo of david2937

david2937

Yes and earlier today I found a small window which should have allowed me to edit- a window very much the same as the editing frame you linked me to, but when I clicked on the name change button, it would not press down-- and yes, I had the "home" page checked off within the options.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Use the file manager on the left side to find the home page. Click on it to edit and then go to the file menu and then Save As.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.