This is my website...what are your thoughts?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Please view my website and tell me your thoughts! http://www.cindysparrotplace.com
Also anyone have any Self SEO tips?
Photo of cindysparrotplace6667

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 68,600 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I do not see your address listed or a location map. Seo? Use Homestead's local lift. Use social media pinterest, fb, etc. I do not like the dark background. It's dramatic but the white font is much harder to read than a black font of white background.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I guess the background is a matter of taste because I like dark backgrounds ( and parrots) themieleman is correct when he said there is no location so unless someone knows the phone code you could be anywhere in the world. You have plenty of unused webpage space so maybe take the white fonts up a couple of sizes and explain a bit more about you, your passion about parrots and most importantly where you are located. One item was the text Companion  Parrots Raised In Our Home For Your Home" this moves slightly on each page which is distracting. Position it on your home page, copy it and then past it on each of the other pages and it will be in exactly the same position.  If you needed more room you can change the size of the page to make it wider. Nice site though and great photos.
Thank you so much to both who added suggestions for my website.  Yes, the location is on my website but I ship nationwide so I didn't think that was the most important information needed. The parrots are available to all areas in the USA.  But If you look under the about us page...i tell the location "Chesapeake, Virginia"  Thank you for the suggestion on copy and paste, I will use it!
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Concept: Revealing your location is a matter of trust. 
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No argument here. People ( customers) like to have some connection rather than an anonymous website
My location is on my website in the about us section.  It is not anonymous.  So are you suggesting that it should ALSO be displayed elsewhere?  If one is engaging in the website and reading the content....they will also see my location is on the website.
My location has been on my page since the site was launched. And I agree with always for more than trust. It helps those know that I am local should they reside in Virginia.  However, I only release my actual physical location to paying customer since I run my business from my home.
Thus a general location is shown until we move further in the process of buying.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Include your photo in your site. You look great and very trustful.
Im not really interested in being on my site...my customers can tell my sincerity when they speak to me.  Thanks for the suggestion though!
Photo of Dodger

Dodger

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I like your site. You do have unused portions of your pages that could be used.  A suggestion...Your photos could  be shown differently. A mouse over using thumbs to enlarge the photo would be nice. Also Black and white backgrounds can be used together, if they are coordinated as separate elements so as to provide a harmonious, interrelated whole: (White back ground and black font.) That is what I did.
(Edited)
Thanks for idea...maybe I could figure out that technique.
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

• 1,774 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I think it's great Cindy, both an excellent job with the beautiful bird photos as well as your design, colors and menu. Keep up the good work. Happy New Year! Tim
Thanks Tim and Happy New Year To You As Well!!
Photo of Michelle7777

Michelle7777

• 558 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Cindy, Congratulations on your site. I found your site to be very informative and very interesting. I like the pictures of the different parrots. Best of wishes with your business, have a great week
Thank You Very Much!!!
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,594 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Your website looks fine. It's crisp, clean and organized. But it has vey little actual content from an SEO point of view.

Your index page should be content rich. As a suggestion use that big empty area on the lower right to add new text. You could re-write the text from the about us page using your "keywords" a few more times and post it to that area.

Search engines love content and look for keywords. So the more text your index page has the better, as long as it's original. You can't just copy and paste the same text over and over again. You have to create new. 

You use words such as Amazons, African Greys, Etc.. That's very content specific but if it's normal to use the term "African Grey Parrot" use that instead of just "African Grey" and so on with all the differant species. After all, parrot(s) is one of your main keywords.

I also noticed that none of the pictures on the site were named using any keywords. I saw "element32", "Lyric_playing_with_toy", etc.. You might consider changing the titles of the pictures posted. So instead of posting "Lyric_playing_with_toy.jpg" change the title to "green-parrot-playing with toy.jpg" or something using your keywords in the title. I don't know if you can change a picture title using Sitebuilder but you can change the title of the picture on your computer and upload that.

Good luck!
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.