I know we are all hard at work day in and day out. Technology is changing all around us by the second and it cannot be easy to program something as large as homestead to make all of us happy. I for one have come up with a list of things that I have seen and that I personally need (and ones I have seen others say they need) in my little world for homestead to do. Guys I will not bad mouth or complain - I am just going to say that in my small business if I do not keep up my website the customers we have will think we are working with old technology and they will go to the next place. That is not good for me because if that happens then my business goes under, if I go under well my business closes and homestead will lose a customer because I am out of business.
So here a list :
So here a list :
- the ability to add scrolling banners
- add interactive calendars (without adding it from google)
- customize pictures to different shapes
- layer pictures
- have the ability to make pages look like scrap books (add frames, bubbles with sayings and funny cartoons, clip art)
- add a mailing list
- upload our own customized forms
- share customized forms with each other, have a place (maybe within the forum) where we can share with each other (forms, clip art and such)
- the ability to have a button that says "projects from the past" and it will take you to past projects (this needs to be easily done, I have tried to follow the instructions sent and well it is nearly impossible to figure out.....)
- be able to add local weather and directions
- be able to add other formats other than pictures and videos (such as articles and copies of ads) some are done in pdf
- have the ability to add charts and graphs
Now all of this is not for me (however I would benefit from some of it) but it is a list of what I have seen in my reading.
I also think that the mobile version of our websites should not have to cost us extra money....this should be included with our paid memberships.