The problem is that for some reason I can not type in the text box. What is the reason for this????

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: When will the text problems be fixed?

I can add as many as I like
Photo of wmcc25032

wmcc25032

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of wmcc25032

wmcc25032

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
can you assist me or not?
Photo of Emery Heuermann

Emery Heuermann

• 1,036 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Suggestions:
1. Is your font set to white color making it the same color as the background of the text box?
2. Turn on the text box outline so you can see the text box boundaries to make sure you are in the text box when typing./
3. Is there another text box, picture etc. that is "on top" of your text box? Right click on different elements, move them around until to see your text box, themn move it as needd to become visible.
4. Turn on the defult outline of all your text boxes so you can see them. You can always turn it back off if you don't want an outline around your boxes.
5. Search the help box of the community forum.
6. In the sitebuilder desktop progarm, search the help manual.
There are a few ideas. Hope one works for you. I doubt your problem is sitebuilder program related. It is going to be a user setting problem.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to hear about your problem editing text in the Sitebuilder. The most common likely reason you are having trouble with the editing is your web browser. The most compatible browser at this time is Firefox. If you are using Safari, or Chrome, they are not fully supported at this time and you may run into problems.

Let us know if you are still having issues.

Mike
Photo of indyfolkseries3021

indyfolkseries3021

• 832 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
why does the answer often seem to be "you are using the wrong browser" rather than "we have fixed the problem?"
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We understand your frustration when the SiteBuilder does not work as designed. Our developers are constantly working on making the software compatible with all major web browsers. Firefox is rapidly growing in popularity as it is very universal and works well on both Mac's and PC's. If you try Firefox and still experience problems, then there is something else we'll need to investigate. Let us know if you still need help.

Thanks!
Mike