The e-mail isn't working.... please fix it.

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

No hmail service, broken, screwed up. Server DOWN
Photo of Usagi

Usagi

• 570 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • pissed

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Paul1083

Paul1083

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
As with most people here, I'm getting the same expired certificate verification prompt when I attempt to access my email. However, I can still read and access my email via my iphone.

No customer service support during the weekend? Presumably there is someone working to resolve the server issues.
Photo of Michele3360

Michele3360

• 448 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Email not working for at least last two days - keeps saying wrong username/password. No support?? I have had this account for years - please advise what is going on!!
Photo of Ransford5413

Ransford5413

• 62 Points
nor is mine... only get....An error occurred and we were unable to read all the mailboxes ?.
Photo of declan7409

declan7409

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am not able to access my email. Keeps telling me like others above, that my username or password are wrong. I log into site builder and it says I have no address set up and wont let me set one up. This is going on since around midnight on Saturday and is still down as I type this note. A response from Intuit would be nice and ease a lot of peoples fears that their email has been hacked.
Photo of Marie3325

Marie3325

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
https://mail.homesteadmail.com/zimbra/
This link will get you in. Log in and then at security certificate page click go to site anyway.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
UPDATE: 1/15 8:20AM

The production issues were resolved around 6pm MST last night. The new security certificates were installed on all production servers and every test has been good. If you see any outstanding issues, please respond and I'll further investigate. Thanks for everyone's patience in allowing us to get this resolved.

Chris

--------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 1/14 - 2:20PM MST

It appears the systems team has procured the certificate and is in the process of getting it set up on all systems. Unfortunately they still haven't given me an ETA, but it looks like they are close to resolving this issue

Thanks,

Chris

--------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I'm very sorry for all the frustrations in the past 24 hours. We are currently experiencing problems with the Hmail system. Some users are unable to log into email due to a security certificate error, and the email manager shows that boxes cannot be read. If you have this problem please use

- Please use Firefox as your browser
- Go to https://mail.homesteadmail.com/zimbra/
- Choose to proceed anyway and add an exception for the site

As soon as I get more feedback from our email team, I'll update this post.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Dixie8464

Dixie8464

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My emails have been down since Saturday afternoon Pacific Standard Time! No technical support on weekends for merchants that run 24/7 now makes Intuit/Homestead a liability.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Dixie,

Sorry for the frustration. On the weekends you do have access to technical support through live chat. When you are logged into your account, please click on the help link at the top right of your screen and choose Chat Live.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Usagi

Usagi

What's using Firefox going to do and why has it not been fixed yet? This is beyond freaking ridiculous! Intuit destroyed homestead, it's complele crap. It's wonderfully convenient how the contact us page where the phone number for support doesn't seem to be working today... Really hmmm I wonder why?...
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Usagi,

Again sorry for the frustrations. Firefox allows you to add an exception to get passed the certificate error. Our email team is working with Zimbra to get this issue taken care of ASAP, but this will allow you to gain access to your email in the mean time.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Usagi

Usagi

Yeah I'm sure you are... If you're so sorry what's the contact support phone number for homestead?? There is more to it than the problem with zimbra... What's being done to fix the mailbox error on homestead?
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Usagi,

Please go to how to contact support. As long as you are logged into your account, you can click the contact page link to see the phone number or chat with a support agent.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Usagi

Usagi

I did several times - I am logged in... Just the blue loading dots over and over again... Is it really safe to add the exception... I really don't trust it, especially since I no longer have trust or faith in homestead....
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Usagi,

I sent you a personal email (from an Intuit email address) with the contact number to speak to a support agent. As far as adding an exception, it is safe to add the exception.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Carly0997

Carly0997

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
^^that's funny. He sent you an email with supports phone number. You are having to contact support because you can't access your email. Is this irony lost on everyone else?
Photo of Dixie8464

Dixie8464

Chris - your "chat suppport" is only available from 7am-4pm Pacific Standard Time (Sat/Sun) and it appears that Intuit/Homestead has outsourced this as the responses you get from your supposed Homestead employees facilitating your chat line is in broken English and they do not appear to be knowledgable enough to answer technical questions in fact they don't answer you at all. I would not recommend Intuitive/Homestead.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Dixie,

You are correct that the weekend times for chat are 7am-4pm PST. They should be able to handle and troubleshoot any website issues you may have, but for more advanced problems such as the email security certificate, they will defer to our advanced support which is only available on weekdays. If there is any specific feedback on what they should be more knowledgeable in, I'd be more than happy to pass your feedback on to the appropriate people.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Usagi

Usagi

Why was my comment removed?? Hit a nerve huh???
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Usagi,

I've been passing on all feedback to our email team so they can see the frustration everyone is experiencing. Your last post didn't provide any additional feedback, but more criticism that you have already conveyed in above posts. I realize this email issue is a big concern for a lot of people as it is affecting their businesses, but please know that we are working diligently on getting it resolved. We appreciate all feedback, but please keep it to a level where it is of value for other people viewing this thread.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Usagi

Usagi

I've been with homestead for over 11 years and I pay a left lung for my domain and emails that should work without problems, such as we are having with proper support.... I think I can give, or state criticism when I see homestead falling apart and getting worse by the day... There should be support for costumers 24/7 including the weekends. If something was actually being done in a timely fashion I wouldn't repeat myself or as you put it - Your last post didn't provide any additional feedback, but more criticism that you have already conveyed in above posts....
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Chris, thanks for the response so far but nothing as yet is fixed as far as i am concerned. This weekend has highlighted a huge problem for me with using your service. I am in portugal and have been without email service since late saturday until now 7pm on monday. I went to the forum as a way of finding out what was happening and have managed to log in and check my emails following the thread given however by that time i had already missed several very important emails. I am dismayed at the lack of service offered this weekend for clients that really need it. We relie on yourselves to help us keep an efficient business running, unfortunately you have fallen seriously short of this mark this weekend now late monday!
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi nicola,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree this has caused a huge problem for many businesses and the issue has yet to be solved. I've been told that our systems team is currently working with Intuit to get the security certificate renewed, but they haven't provided a time frame yet. Please continue to use the short term solution and I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Jason4891

Jason4891

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What about the email manager? When will that be fixed? I need to add an address this week.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the troubles. I've been told that our systems team is currently working with Intuit to get the security certificate renewed, but they haven't provided a time frame yet. As soon as I hear back, I'll update this thread.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Rick2890

Rick2890

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am putting in the right info. Yet it keeps saying I am not.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Can't seem to log into my email account..
Photo of Nina8581

Nina8581

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm getting an "expired certificate" warning when I try to visit my homestead mail box (through my domain name). This has never happened before. Is it unsafe to proceed? What should I do to access my email?

Expired certificate warning.
Photo of Dixie8464

Dixie8464

I find this situation to be gross negligence on Intuit/Homesteads part. I understand that Intuit will be dropped and the new co-partner for Homestead is Endurance but didn't anyone at Homestead understand this certificate issue and how it would affect online merchants. It is called being proactive. It sound's to me that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and we still don't have any email access and this has been going on since Saturday! The alternative that Homestead is providing of going to Firefox is not working for me as well so I am pretty much out of business this Monday at 11?28am PST.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Dixie,

To create the exception.

1. At the top of Firefox, click Tools in the menu bar and select options
2. When the options window opens up, click the Advanced tab at the top.
3. Under advanced, click the Encryption tab
4. Click the View Certificates button.
5. When the Certificate Manager window appears, click the Servers tab.
6. Click the Add Exception... button
7. In the next window enter in your domain.

EX.

https://mail.affordablepsychicreadings.com/zimbra/  

8. Confirm Exception.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Dixie8464

Dixie8464

This worked, tanks. I had to confirm "exception" two times but eventually opened my email.
Photo of info9444

info9444

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I accessed my e-mail through Firefox versus IE, and I was able to log into my account.
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

Chris, you are the one in the firing line can you give us an idea of when it will be fixed? They are working on it i understand but give us a time line i am fast reaching 72 hours of unsatisfactory service!
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Nicola,

I've asked our email support for another update and hopefully an ETA. As soon as I hear back I'll update this thread.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

Chris my time here is 20.50 what time is it there?
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Nicola, it is currently 2pm MST where I'm from.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi nicola,

It appears the systems team has procured the certificate and is in the process of getting it set up on all systems. Unfortunately they still haven't given me an ETA, but it looks like they are close to resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

Hi Chris just put my kids to bed and i am thinking about phoning even though in my own head it will do no good but i am so frustrated, i have lost a major contract this weekend all due to your mismanagement of the service you offer, totally disheartened i just cannot believe it. I am a good nice person but this weekend has had devestating effects for me. I hope you all realize this.

Thanks
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

ok you gave no comment to my last post and the effects your poor service will have on me and my children, we all live on a margin and you just broke mine through your lack of support and trust, i have tried to find a valid no. from europe the numbers i have no longer exist. Disappointment!!!!
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Nicola,

I apologize for not commenting on your last post. I'm trying to keep up with all the Community posts today and revisiting this thread as much as possible. I've sent you an email to you yahoo email address with the number you can contact.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

Hi Chris thanks for that but it is a 1 800 number and i cannot call from europe.
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

by the way the issue is not commentig on the last post it ́s about the small margins in life which you have had a serious effect on as far as i am concerned.
Photo of Rodney7946

Rodney7946

• 72 Points
WE HAVE CUSTOMERS THAT NEED REPLIES AND CAN'T LOGIN TO OUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED????????????
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Rodney,

Sorry for the frustration the last couple days. Please create an exception to gain access back into your email account. I know it isn't ideal, but it will allow you to access your email while our systems team re-installs the security certificate.

To create the exception.

1. At the top of Firefox, click Tools in the menu bar and select options
2. When the options window opens up, click the Advanced tab at the top.
3. Under advanced, click the Encryption tab
4. Click the View Certificates button.
5. When the Certificate Manager window appears, click the Servers tab.
6. Click the Add Exception... button
7. In the next window enter in your domain.

EX.

https://mail.510raceengineering.com/zimbra/  

8. Confirm Exception.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Rodney7946

Rodney7946

• 72 Points
ALL OF MY EMAIL BOXES HAVE DISAPPEARED FROM INTUIT. WILL THIS BE FIXED ANYTIME SOON????????
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Rodney,

All email accounts are still active, but aren't currently showing in your logged in account. If you go to https://mail.homesteadmail.com/zimbra/ you can still login with any of your 5 email addresses.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Angel4581

Angel4581

• 62 Points
I am having trouble logging into my email account? I continue to get that certificate has expired.

Email Support.
Photo of Usagi

Usagi

8:00 pm Monday night AND still not fixed!!!
Photo of Marilyn7445

Marilyn7445

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This email problem is taking way too long to amend!
Photo of mindsinspired19145

mindsinspired19145

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I keep getting this message (The username or password is incorrect. Verify that CAPS LOCK is not on, and then retype the current username and password.) and I know Im entering the information correct???
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Mindinspired,

Sorry for the frustration. I'm not 100% why you would be getting that error. Please go to resetting email password and update your password to verify everything is correct. After re-entering your password, try accessing your email account again and let me know if that solved the issue.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of mindsinspired19145

mindsinspired19145

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It still is not working?
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Thanks for replying. Is this in regards to logging into your account or an email associated with your domain name? When taking a look at your domain, I currently don't see an email attached to it.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of jones0870

jones0870

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having issues with email account services through Google Business Apps (Email). I am able to send email address through baronjones@baronjones.org, but not receive. Please help...
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Jones,

Thanks for posting. When you create your email account through Google Aps there are two steps to get it to work (below is taken from Google Support Forum)

1. Verify your account (looks like you've done that)

2. After verification is complete, you will need to log into your domain hosting account and change the setup of the email servers. Specifically, you will change the "MX" entries. Changing these entries will point all incoming email to Google's mail hosting. Instructions for how to change the MX entries are included in the Google Apps dashboard. The entries will need to be set to the values provided at google.com/support.

I don't see Google's MX records yet which is why you haven't been receiving email. As soon as you add them you will be good to go!

Thanks!

Chris

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.