The updates I made on sitebuilder are appearing in a different location when I publish the site.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

The updates I made on site builder are appearing in a different location when I publish it. please help.
Photo of Velma3945

Velma3945

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,338 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Clarify. We can't read you mind.
Photo of Victor4384

Victor4384

• 1,282 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm taking a wild guess, but either you are using different browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc., or the width of your "Page Width" may not be too narrow...or long for that matter.  The default of 800 in the Page Width can be changed to 1024 and you'll see that your page may look better on the larger size monitors that people are now using.  Back in the days websites were still optimized for 800 x 600.  Some may say that the average user are using 17 inch monitors which are optimized for 1024 x 800 (length first then width).  I hope this helps a little and it didn't make the issue more complicated.  Cheers!
Photo of Velma3945

Velma3945

I placed a clip art at the top of the web page and once I publish it, it is appearing at the bottom.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,338 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Move it back to the top of the page, save, publish, and preview
Photo of Victor4384

Victor4384

• 1,282 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Velma3945, did themieleman's suggestion work?  Please let us the rest of know.  Thanks in advance.
Photo of Velma3945

Velma3945

No, it did not work and I tried it several times. Also this issue is only taking place on the index/main page.
(Edited)
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Velma,

I'm looking at your index page and everything looks in order on the published site. What clip-art did you add that is not in the right spot? 
Photo of Velma3945

Velma3945

I removed the clipart. I just added a link to the top of the page and published it. The link is called QB update date weekend 1. When I published it, it moved to the bottom right hand corner.

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Your published site should be fixed now. The HTML in your snippet was incomplete and was causing the page to load incorrectly. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.