Text table in WebsiteBuilder

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I couldn't find any table in the elements offered with Website Builder.  So I made one using multiple text boxes.  It looks okay in the Desktop version, and almost works in the Mobile version.  See attached screenshot.  In the Mobile version each of the three different seasonal prices appear in a row across the screen, except for July and August, where there happens to be an extra digit in the figure, making the table hard to understand.  I had made sure to reduce the font size, so that the text boxes are exactly the same width.  I've tried making them even smaller with an even smaller font, but the same thing still happens. 

Is there any other approach that would work better?  Maybe I can group the text boxes to keep them together.  I found examples of grouped elements in the design template, but can't find how to make a group.

Photo of Keith9054

Keith9054

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

With the mobile editor it tries to keep the elements more vertical but it does allow you to re arrange elements. I would recommend formatting it something similar to this and maybe duplicate the "number of guests" button to use with the mobile for reach month/season. You can set the other number of guests buttons off to the side and turn off the starts visible setting under size and position. This will show the multiple buttons in the editor but will not display on the live desktop site or in the preview mode. 

Photo of Keith9054

Keith9054

Oh, that's sounds interesting.  I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by "setting the other number of guests button off to the side".  Does the side area not display in Desktop mode?

Also you haven't commented on my problem with the 6 digit figures (for July and August) that refuse to show on a single line.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
What I mean by setting the other number of guests buttons off to the side and turn off the starts visible setting under size and position is that you can have elements that are on the desktop version that show only in the editor because when you turn off the starts visible option they do not display on the published site. 

For the 6 digit numbers you can click and drag them all onto one line, same as the 5 digit numbers. 
Photo of Keith9054

Keith9054

Thanks Michelle.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.