Memorial Day 5/27/2019

• Article
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

This year, Memorial Day lands on Monday, May 27, 2019. Homestead will be open for support.

In the US, Memorial Day is a day for us to remember and honor those who have given their life during active duty in the United States Armed Forces. 
Flags will be flown at half-staff for the first part of the day, in honor of our nation's battle heroes. Then, they will be raised full-staff for the rest of the day to honor those currently serving. 
We at Homestead want to take time to appreciate those who have fought and sacrificed for our country. 

If you have someone you honor on Memorial Day, we would love for you to comment their name and any other information below so we can all thank and remember them. They deserve to be recognized.
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,506 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Keith

Keith

• 2,172 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I served in Vietnam and have bad feelings about coming home to an ungrateful country, who thankfully has learned and changed their attitude towards men and women in uniform when they come home now!

I go out of my way to THANK A VET in uniform!

I still can't talk about things I saw and did over there, thank God the nightmares have left when I quit abusing myself with drugs and booze to get over it!

I worry that God will not let me in the Pearly Gates when my time comes, because of what I did. :-(
I pray for Peace for me and those who have served and those who are serving now.
THANK YOU,
A Vet

Photo of DiAnna9731

DiAnna9731

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I honor your service. Fortunately for all of us, God doesn’t grade on a scale of our transgressions. The ground is level (and forgiveness equal) at the Cross.
Photo of Keith

Keith

Thank You for saying that.
Photo of Jennifer6918

Jennifer6918

• 1,172 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Vaughn Fairbanks Army Korea age 91
Jason Stewart Iraq, 5 tours USMC
Photo of Keith

Keith

Thanks for serving! :-)
Photo of DiAnna9731

DiAnna9731

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Army SFC Kristoffer Domeij, Airborne Ranger, KIA October 22, 2011. Assigned to 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. While conducting combat operations in the Zhari district, Kandahar province of Afghanistan, Domeij’s unit was attacked by enemy forces. Kristoffer died from the blast of an improvised explosive device, along with two other soldiers. When Kristoffer was killed, he was serving in his 14th deployment as an Army Ranger, having served four deployments to Iraq and 10 to Afghanistan. At 29 years old, he was the most deployed soldier in the history of the U.S. Army. Beloved son of single mom, Scoti Domeij.
(Edited)
Photo of Keith

Keith

Thanks for his service and ultimate sacrifice for our country!

Photo of JEC

JEC

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Capt. Stephen P. Hanson, United States Marine Corp. Shot down June 3, 1967 while evacuating fellow Marines in Laos. He was listed as MIA (Missing in Action) until after 1973 with the release of our POW's. He never saw his son who was born after he left for Vietnam. His son graduated from the Naval Academy and flew the F-18 during operations over Bosnia. Steve's wife, later remarried a return POW who was held captive in Hanoi for over five and a half years.

God bless all our veterans and their families. On this Memorial Day, let us honor all who gave the ultimate sacrifice, and let us thank them everyday for the freedoms we enjoy that they protected.

Sincerely,
JEC
Photo of Keith

Keith

A-men and thanks for their service!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.