Temporary Solution For Accessing Your Websites

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Will there be a credit to my billing with all the problems of not being able to update my websites?

People with mulitple sites who are not able to access any of their websites can create a temporary account and transfer your websites that need immediate attention to the new account. Although this is not a true fix to the problem it will allow you to work on the websites that need immediate attention.
Photo of serge4617

serge4617

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Serge,

I thought of that, but then realized that there is no guarantee that it would work. I currently have several small single sites that are experiencing the problem, some that aren't and of course the larger one is non-functional. Those new accounts would either need to be set up as freebies or marked somehow by Homestead so that people could be reimbursed for the secondary accounts and then transfer everything back to the original account when all is said and done.
A lot of mucking about so I figure I'll just sit tight and await RESOLUTION SOLUTION.  :)
Photo of Joan0388

Joan0388

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I think we are owed a monetary credit for all the days we are unable to access our websites. I know I am losing business and if Homestead can't run their business with good customer service, they owe is for the days we are down.
Photo of Josh1607

Josh1607

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is one of the most important times of the year for our non-profit and accepting donations. I personally cannot even access our "Donate" page. This is beyond unacceptable.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Susan is correct in her statement. Moving a site from one account to another can work, but doesn't always. Many times the navigation element has to be rebuilt manually and often Sitebuilder will still not connect.

Drew
Photo of Borghild8973

Borghild8973

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Reimburse all for November and December 2014, that would be fair. Making January 2015 free and people might even willing to praise Homestead one day.
Photo of Billy Fishback

Billy Fishback

• 544 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have this suspicion they are all just up there laughing at us. Money?...sheesh  HAAHAAHAAA

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.