It would be nice to have tech support 24/7

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How about bringing back 24/7 tech support or at least some support on the weekends. Can't get into any of my business email accounts and by the looks of it, it's just not me, it's pretty much everyone. Kind of hard to run an online business with no email. To top it off there's nothing that can be done, because everyone at Homestead appears to have the weekend off. Cutting tech support on weekends may be saving you a couple bucks, but this weekend it looks like it's costing your customers money.
Photo of Michael0053

Michael0053

• 672 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris0632

Chris0632

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree. This is ridiculous. I posted a problem 2 days ago. Can't find my post in all the other posts and nobody has attempted to reply with any kind of answer.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay. I responded to your other post, but it appeared you were able to speak to a support agent to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Linda7743

Linda7743

• 72 Points
Has anyone found another web server? This is ridiculous.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Linda,

I apologize for the email issues a few days ago. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the idea! I've forwarded this thread to our management team to monitor and see how many other people wish to have tech support 24/7. As far as the weekend, there still is chat support. If you login to your account, and click Help in the top right corner, you will see an option for it. I know it's not as ideal as speaking to someone, but they can currently help you on the weekends.

Thanks,!

Chris
Photo of Marry6241

Marry6241

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I definitely think you need more tech support, for the ones of us who work during you hours, we are kind of screwed at the time we have to work on our own webpages ! Please stay later at night or on weekends!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Marry, As Chris stated above, our managers take these requests very seriously and everything posted her is under consideration. Thanks for your comments!

Mike
Photo of Kathryn2608

Kathryn2608

• 414 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Absolutely! How many of us work on the weekends? Most everyone here I'm sure! Tons of hosting companies are offering 24/7 phone support now a days. Wouldn't it be nice it Homestead did as well for the price they are charging me monthly! I think so. I'm out as soon as I figure out if I have to start from scratch again.
Good luck everyone!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We apologize for any inconvenience, but due to a low volume of customer support requests over the weekend, and in an effort to shorten wait times and improve the customer support experience during our peak hours, we will be condensing our chat hours of operation to Monday through Friday. If you need help during the weekend, we will be monitoring our Community.

Is there anything that I can help you with today?

Thanks

Drew
Photo of lynn7364

lynn7364

• 562 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Except when you try to access chat and they just disconnect you. How is that helpful? Why can't you even enter a ticket anymore, that at least gave you concrete evidence that you had a problem on a certain date and gave you access to ask about it's progress. Now people won't even chat with you because their too busy, or maybe just at lunch.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lynn7364,  Sorry, we don't have a ticketing system any longer. We removed that as an option when we started offering Live Chat support and this Community site as these are more efficient methods.  There is almost no question that has not been answered here on the Community, but if you can't find an answer feel free to create a new post.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.