Switching hosting providers, what options are available?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Anyone familiar with weebly.com? What other hosting providers are out there similar (and hopefully better) to homestead?
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,334 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It really depends on what you want to do with your site. Weebly is probably better for most novices, but if you are comparing it to Homestead, it lacks much of the customization options that are available. First figure out what you want to do with your site, and then decide which software platform fits your needs.
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,334 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your reply Mike. Homestead is where I began over 12 years ago with my first website. I would be happy to stay with homestead, but it seems they have no motivation to keep up with current trends in website standards. Simple things, such as a good slideshow element (which have been requested by countless homestead users) should be standard within sitebuilder, but it's nowhere to be found. Another issue, of course, was this last email debacle, which made evident the lack of planning on the part of homestead. I'm happy that things seem to be working now (for the most part), but it makes me very leary of the future of homestead. All in all, I'm just frustrated with homestead, I used to talk about how good homestead was to work with, but I haven't been able to say that for years now and am wondering if homesteads best years are behind them.
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

• 3,208 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Weebly is worthless unless you want only a basic template. They do not offer email with your domain. I tried it after the last Homestead/Intuit meltdown.