Switching to Website Builder. Next steps?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Customer got a resolution via phone support

I've reconstructed my website using Website Builder, so now I have two sites; my original www.xxxx.com website and a new, unpublished site: xxxxx.homesteadcloud.com.  I have also downloaded an archive file of my old Sitebuilder Plus website to my local computer.  I think I know how to proceed to deactivate my old site and activate and publish my new site (rename old site to old.com and rename new site to the name of my old site and then publish), but wanted to check with someone who has done this before to be sure.  Help!
Photo of Charles6535

Charles6535

• 1,050 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Fran6251

Fran6251

• 1,086 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Charles I recently made the switch from site builder to website builder and wanted to maintain my original domain name.  Homestead support just redirected my new site to my old and it working fine so far.  Not sure this is the best solution but it is working well.  Hope this helps.
Photo of Laurie4783

Laurie4783

• 602 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I called and let Homestead make the change for me to make sure all was working properly.  Their phone support is wonderful.  I used this number: 800-986-0958
Photo of Charles6535

Charles6535

• 1,050 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm all set. Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.