SUFFERING YOUR SYNCHRONIZE FILE BUG FOR 3 DAYS

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Sync files message in Sitebuilder 10/26/2015 6:15pm Mountain time

CAN'T ACCESS MY SITE FOR EDITING DUE TO YOUR "SYNCHRONIZE FILE" BUG
For three days now, I have been unable to edit my site because of the known "Synchronize File" message that pops up. It looks as though many other people are suffering this same problem and it seems as thought the issue gets "fixed" only for it to return again and again.

And of course now it is the weekend so I can't get anyone to help me and must suffer another two days until Monday when maybe I can get someone to respond to this issue. VERY FRUSTRATING. This is not what I pay for.
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We are still looking in to this. Try again anytime now. I would suggest trying Firefox. A couple people have had better luck when switching to a browser they haven't used in a while
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

Switched from Chrome to IE which I never use anymore, and SAME EXACT ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Strange. I'm still showing only Chrome logins since June.

Can you log out and let me know? I'll take a closer look and post back when to try again
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It just took a bit of time, but you used Edge, Windows 10's new browser. There is a way to get to IE 11, but Firefox is better. I did just load with Chrome without receiving the error. Someone else with Chrome today was having the same persistence as you seem to be having and they tried Firefox and got in. Over the weekend, I really only have workarounds to try, so I'm just seeing if in some way we can get you in to edit, and maybe get some more information for the engineers to chew on.
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

I just clicked on the IE icon, and of course now that you say it, I realize I have Windows 10 so it came with it.
I tried yesterday and got the dreaded SYNCH FILE issue.
JUST tried now, again, for the hell of it, and I got in!!!

BUT the problem persists on Chrome, the browser I would much prefer to use.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I understand, and agree. I normally use Chrome as well. I will pass this information to the engineers. You are now the second person that has persistence in Chrome, but can use a different browser. Maybe this will help permanently resolve. Let us know if you see it again. I'll be around all weekend, but not 24 hours.
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

Thanks Drew. Yes, even prisoners get to sleep! lol
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

Hi Drew,
FYI, it's happening again on IE, and now with BOTH of my sites. Originally it was only one site (my personal site) but now the SYNCH FILE error is preventing me from doing any work on BOTH my sites, by business site included. Hopefully this can be completely and finally fixed on Monday.
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

• 562 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Same here I tried IE and Chrome Same problem with both. This is maddening. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Jeff6512, If you need me to clear it again to get in, I should be able to do that. Just let me know if you need it and stay logged out until I let you know. I won't be around much longer today, but will be here tomorrow.

Lynn0013, It seems those that were not resolved already, I can usually make it so you can get in to make changes, but then it often comes back again. If you have edits that need to be made this weekend, log out of Homestead and let me know that you have done so. I'll do my thing and post here for you to try again
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

Thanks for trying to help. No I can't get in. I was working on it (Chrome) all night but went I went to publish at first I got a message that I needed to turn off my pop up blocker, which I did but after that I couldn't get any further. I just keep getting the synchronized message. I have logged out. Do you need more information from me?
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I need to know which site to try to fix.
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

I was working on a page which I named ProcyonSale and it is in the BlessfestCanada website
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Lynn0013. Try anytime, but it may only work once or not at all. It doesn't look like you use Firefox. I advise you try using Firefox. Sometimes a browser switch seems to have helped. I'll be around tomorrow if you need more assistance
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

Thanks Drew. I'll upload Firefox and give it a try.
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

Working so far   (((((HUG)))))  I like to be professional :)
(Edited)
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

I spoke too soon. Can't publish using IE, Chrome or Firefox or get into my site to edit
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Did you get an error when trying to publish. Are you seeing the sync message again when trying to load the site?
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

I'm not getting the sync message but it won't publish. I keep getting a message saying I can't use the feature unless I turn off my pop up blocker but it's already turned off. So frustrating. I needed this page for this weekend.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The pop up blocker should only be for social share, not for publishing. What page do you need published?
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

The one you worked on yesterday Blessfest website and the page is Procyon Wildlife Sale. I can edit now, it just won't publish.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That page shows as published. Can you visit the live site and hit the f5 key on the keyboard to see if it is a cache issue?
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

I emptied the cache last night. It seems to be published now. I just hope it stays that way as I may still want to make changes but at least for now it can be shared. Thank you so much for your help Drew. I appreciate it more than you can know.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Well, I am hoping to get it resolved permanently soon, but until then, if you need me, I'll be around as much as possible.
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

So far so good. Thank you for your time and help Drew. I hope Homestead appreciates you. I am so fed up right now, I am about ready to find another host. I have been with Homestead since before it was Homestead. I think it was Inuit or something like that. For the first number of years the customer service was excellent. Now you are lucky to get any help and don't even think about trying on the weekend because you are pretty much on your own. Not acceptable and not worth the money I am paying.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry, but I am here on the weekends and have been for a few years. Come see me. I can usually do more to resolve a thing, but at least you can get some assistance on the weekends.

We would hate to lose you and I will see if I can't get some more action on this issue.
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

HI Drew,

If you are still around, can you make it so that I can get into my interior design website--I need to make some additions to my PRESS section, and of course am getting the same ol' problem...
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

I've signed out by the way
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

Signed out of both sites so it should be clear
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Jeff6512, should be clear
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

Thanks Drew, making changes now.
Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

By the way, what is it that you DO to the sites to make them function? If only it would STAY that way! lol
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am deleting a cache file on the server side.
Photo of Lynn0013

Lynn0013

Here we go again. Monday and nothing is fixed and I can't get into my website again. Getting the sync message again
Photo of PastorRos

PastorRos

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can not update my site due to the "synchronizing file" error!  I really need this resolved!  I have vital info that MUST be updated through my site.  Will I get credit for the errors & inconvenience coming from you guys?  Its very hard to contact anyone or get live help when needed to get issues resolved!  I am soooo frustrated!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Pastor Rosalind6737, I have cleared the server cache. Please try again using Firefox. We have not done much testing with Edge. Also, your site doesn't have a huge number of files. If you do see the message, you should be able to click through to get into the editor. Click on keep local. If you need to make urgent edits, this would be fastest.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Customer request

Please reference the new conversation here: Need help with sync files error
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Customer request

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Customer request

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Customer request

Photo of Jeff6512

Jeff6512

He there--can you please start a thread of your own so I don't get messaged everytime you post something or get an answer? Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.