Submit button not functioning...

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Submit button not functioning...We have not had any donation submissions today...I got concerned and submitted one on my phone about 1hr ago still nothing in my email...another submission on my pc with the same results nothing. I am sure we lost donations today and that makes us look bad as a non profit... very concerned please I need help... heres my page that people use to donate...http://www.dublinfurniturebanc.org/onlinedonation.html
Photo of CADJ

CADJ

• 1,386 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I have been testing my form/submit button/s all day. All of my test have been coming through in addition to my legit customers.
Photo of Martin

Martin

Now I am back to submit button not working! This is uncalled for, a damned joke. I wish the whole damned place would just be wiped out so I would be forced to move!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Martin go check out www.mycontactform.com  I've used it for years with no issues.
Photo of Martin

Martin

Let's ask Drew if Homestead will pay the $39.99 dollars it will take. I have way over 20 submissions per day and that is all you are allowed by that company for "free".

How about it Drew?

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, this is not something I can setup.
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 2,490 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
We switched over to MyContactForm.com today and now we have no problems
Photo of CADJ

CADJ

How much are you paying for this add on?
(Edited)
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Charles there is a free version that only allows 20 submissions a month and also a paid version $39.99 a year that has more options and allows 5000 submissions a month.
Photo of CADJ

CADJ

Thank you
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

You're most welcome. :)
Photo of Deb1587

Deb1587

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I, with the help of a friend who knows a lot more about how to create forms, signed up for and created the form on Mycontactform.com before realizing that only 20 submissions per month were allowed for free.  I, too, receive many more than that per month, so that was time wasted.  We went to Google and created a registration form there, but it is only being sent to a spreadsheet (much like the text file with the Homestead form) and I am not receiving those submissions via email either.  Such a frustrating day!!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Sorry you didn't see the info Deb about free v premium. It's a question of do you pay the $40 and start getting your form submissions or do you continue to miss out on potential customers?
Photo of Jeannie5233

Jeannie5233

• 986 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just tested one of mine and nothing came through.
Photo of snaismith2595

snaismith2595

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
None of my submits are coming through via email though they are being populated in the form manager.
Photo of William1899

William1899

• 1,644 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
again, this problem has two aspects, submit button not working and 20% to 50% or more of submissions not being received, so don't be confident just because you receive items in form manager, most likely you are missing data.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

I hate to add this from post to post, but it's the only way to get everyone informed. If you are having problems with your forms I suggest you check out the form maker at www.mycontactform.com  I have used it for years on my sites and client sites with no issues. They have a free version and a paid version and it easily integrates into SiteBuilder.
Photo of Cathi0232

Cathi0232

• 736 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I signed up for the premium membership on mycontactforms.com and redid all my forms today. Great forms and easy to use!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Glad you like it Cathi and found it easy to use. I've always had good luck with it and felt secure using it.
Photo of Jeannie5233

Jeannie5233

Thank you, Susan2829!!  I tried www.mycontactform.com to test on a lower volume form on my website and (after getting the kinks out) it works flawlessly!  If you've used them for a length of time and been very happy with them, I'd say it's worth paying for a Premium membership and replace all my forms.

This will at least solve the immediate never ending problem that Homestead has caused and allow me the time necessary to determine new website building software and website host server to rebuild my entire <100 page website.

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Hi Jeannie,

I've used them for gosh 8 years or longer without a hitch. Hate to see you leave, but you gotta do what you gotta do!  :)
Photo of Jeannie5233

Jeannie5233

I've been with Homestead for 12+ years myself.  I've tolerated many problems over the years that seem to have begun around the timeframe that Intuit bought them and the many changes to new email hosts over the years.  This latest (yet to be explained) issue of losing our form submissions and doing nothing to solve the problem is WAY BEYOND what a paying customer should be expected to tolerate.
(Edited)
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

I agree, Intuit really did a number on the platform. I was on my way out when the rumor mill said they were selling out so I hung on. I can't agree with the way the migration et al has been handled - it definitely leaves one going REALLY? I'm sure they are doing what they can to mitigate this form disaster, but nothing is filtering down to us so we are left in the dark.
Me? I'm curious to see where this is all going so will stick it out. I'd like to believe that at the end there will be a better, faster Homestead and that we will see upgrades down the road as well.
Photo of Jeannie5233

Jeannie5233

You know, around early/mid December, I too felt hopeful that this move to a new parent company and servers would bring good things in the future.  But after weeks of silence (from everyone but Drew, who isn't being given any useful info to pass on to us) and NOTHING being fixed, I'm not holding my breath about 'new and improved services' from Homestead anytime soon.
Photo of Jon7735

Jon7735

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My form submissions are coming through today, and they also did when last tested a week or so ago (after a week or so - that I know of - of being broken). While this is obviously good, I am left with several concerns, and feel almost everyone will share these:
  1. Homestead owes as an honest and thorough explanation of what's gone wrong. It's especially curious that some people's forms are now working again, while others remain completely broken and still others currently get inconsistent submissions. Is there a staggered migration of users to a working platform, or what?
  2. Homestead has violated the trust and confidence of its users. Functionality has been broken without our being told, and things have been fixed (for some?) without our being told this. How and at what point do we users begin trusting Homestead again? Just because our forms work today, why should we feel confident they will work tomorrow, or even later in the day?
I agree with earlier comments that Homestead's CEO, or another significant executive, needs to come forward to acknowledge the difficulties and tell us how they propose to regain our trust. Business customers have been crippled during he most important time of the year. There needs to be an honest apology and some restitution.
Photo of Martin

Martin

"I agree with earlier comments that Homestead's CEO, or another significant executive..."

You hit the nail on the head Jon, the CEO must be some sort of class A coward!

Photo of William1899

William1899

Some have said this issue has been prevalent for months; its possible even if "working" for you, it is still unstable and without 100% integrity.

If so, I think this explains that actually HS has no idea what the cause is and is also why they have not been able to say anything about the recent problems that have escalated  and now are dissipating for some.

Their silence (as to the cause) must have a reason, it is so far beyond normal to torture your customers like this.

Meanwhile, I have seen it get worse last two days, hardly receiving anything, 1 yesterday and 1 so far today....mycontactforms.com is good for only 20 submissions per month, I usually get that many per day, should I pay 40 bucks for the upgrade to unlimited submissions, I guess so, thanks HS.

Photo of William1899

William1899

I have new info posted on HUG (homestead User group)

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/hugforum

Photo of Ginger0049

Ginger0049

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree.  I get as many as 40-50 submissions per day and it does not make sense to have to purchase more than what I'm already paying for.  I changed my submission page to state to call in order confirmation and I'm not losing any customers.  Just been a real headache for them to have to give info twice.
Photo of Jon7735

Jon7735

William1899: I don't see new postings. The last is from Jan 2.

Re: Alternate form support, I took a look at MyContactForm.com, and the 20 submission per month limit for the free version is a problem, but $40 per year for unlimited service isn't so bad really.
I've also taken a look at Google Forms. It's free and unlimited but offers very little by way of edit-checking and other advanced functionality.
A third choice worth looking at is JotForm. A review (http://www.websiteplanet.com/review/jotform/#table-description) indicates their free version allows 100 submissions per month. Low volume users might find this limit acceptable. 

But the larger question is: if Homestead can't respond soon in a way that restores their credibility,  why should any of us stay with them. 
Photo of William1899

William1899

Thanks for info. you should have two new posts in HUG by now

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/hugforum

Photo of Cathi0232

Cathi0232

• 736 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have requested to join the group and have not been accepted yet.
Photo of Craig2844

Craig2844

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I joined and got my problem solved, but continue to receive e-mails on threads despite attempting to "not follow" them any longer.  Suggestions?
Photo of Deb1587

Deb1587

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have requested to join the group but have not been accepted yet.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
i was just surfing around. this service seems like it might be good. 

http://www.emailmeform.com/v-plans.html
Photo of Eileen2258

Eileen2258

• 426 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Susan, and everyone else all for the forms services suggestions. I tried both jotform and mycontactform today, and went with mycontactform.

I'm with Susan, I hope all this mess results in a faster, better website builder. I reallllllly don't want to have to rebuild all my sites.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Everyone. Please give your forms a try this morning. I received 20 of 20 within 1 minute this morning. If you don't receive it, remove the submit and add it back.

Thank you

Drew
Photo of Lisa7116

Lisa7116

• 856 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, Drew.  Mine do seem to be working now.  I do hope it lasts!  :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Glad to hear, and so do I.
Photo of david2953

david2953

• 6,966 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Drew...ours are coming in as well. Thanks for your help.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Glad to hear it!
Photo of William1899

William1899

will try
Photo of William1899

William1899

Number one, sorry Drew, but the submit button problem still exists even if forms go through for you.

Number 2: I usually have no problem locally with sending forms to myself, all 10 went through. But it is not a good test, sooooo:

I use a proxy server (http://www.freeopenproxy.com) and the submit button does not work

(for those who don't know the above allows you to see your web site as if you were viewing it from another computer somewhere far away)

Since that hasn't worked so far today, I cant send forms anyway, will continue to try and report back

We appreciate you working on Sunday but we remain in the dark about WHY submit button is not working, I think you must use a 3rd party software for email submittals and they are out of business or something and so you cant get any help from them...theory number 3 from me, lol

Photo of Jon7735

Jon7735

To william1899:  I tried using freeopenproxy.com and got the same problem of the submit button not working. But I also got a warning displayed about Java scripting not running, so in fairness to Homestead (did I say this?) perhaps the problem is with  the freeopenproxy.com environment. If the Submit button was "live" and the submit failed to send-off data, I'd be in full agreement with you, but as it is I'm not sure.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. Looking in to both proxy and Java.

Drew
Photo of William1899

William1899

agreed and thanks
Photo of William1899

William1899

there are a ton of proxy sites out there but some a flakey
Photo of William1899

William1899

are flakey sorry

Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

Drew-

rather than proxy, why don't you go to let's say 10 sites +/- and test it out? you know who is who here, right? 

mine has been working for nearly a week. but you can test it out if you like. i will send you the link via private msg if need be.

Bill
Photo of William1899

William1899

Good idea and glad to know you are receiving forms, but Bill how can you  be sure your submit button is working 100%?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I can send some to you all. It would be helpful if you could send links to your forms so I don't have to look up the account and the find a page with a form. Some of you have large sites. You can post it in this topic or create a new private one if you like.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I sent 3 to each
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

i know b/c i can see my site stats. i also think the chances that the forms are not working now is pretty slim given that several ppl say they are now working. what are the chances? i'm willing to bet that most of us are on completely different ip's and such. anyone who is still having trouble has probably not been migrated and/or homestead was blacklisted on that ip.

p.s. how do you create a "private" convo/topic or whatever its called.
Photo of david2953

david2953

Drew I received all six submissions...thanks
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Great!
Photo of Martin

Martin

Can you test mine?

The only required field is the email adress  (just enter test) and check the four boxes.

Link http://www.customautosbytim.com/ask.html

Thanks

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sent 6
Photo of Martin

Martin

Got them all THANKS!!!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Excellent
Photo of Martin

Martin

I am pretty confident that all of my submissions are coming through. Sitebuilder seems to be working fine too. No crashes or long waits to upload updates and changes.

Hopefully, just hopefully that will be the case this upcoming week.

Fingers crossed, there is no way to tell what sort of sales we lost....$$$$

Photo of William1899

William1899

Drew, ranchhuntandfish.com received no test forms from you. For the last month my forms are down 90% and my income accordingly. Please confirm you sent some forms my way or otherwise advise.
Photo of Attila2920

Attila2920

• 1,244 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
William, I just filled and submitted a TEST form on your site. I have seen afterwards the "thankyou.html" page. I am from Hungary, so it may be another point of view how the form behaves from a different IP territory. My email was patiati80(@)gmail.com 

For the record, form submissions seems to work in my region - for me at least they do. I hope it will be fixed soon beside many other problems many of us experiencing in the last few weeks...
Photo of Martin

Martin

I just sent a test submission to your site William.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry William1899,

I haven't sent any to you yet. I will do so now.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sent 5. Let me know
Photo of William1899

William1899

Got them plus Martin's and things improved yesterday, coincidentally, and I got a fair number of leads. However, traffic remains down, I averaged 716 unique visitors per week in November, that dropped to 500 in Dec. and now for first week Jan is 333....what do you think?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Seems like it could be just potentially a slow month, as you appear well ahead of pace so far this month.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

• 1,738 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Drew, it seems like some are coming through, but not others. I set up to get emails and the text files and one just came through on the text file, but no email.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

Check that. The email version came through. Just took a little longer.
Photo of Martin

Martin

William, about your unique visitor count.

For whatever reason the "googlebot/spiders have been crawling all of my sites for the last month or so like never before!

Went from ~ 800 unique hits per day to around 1000 plus.

As of right now 7:36 CST my main site is showing 1010 unique visitors.

Yesterday I had 1927.

I think things are finally fixed and better...fingers crossed!   : )

(Edited)
Photo of William1899

William1899

thanks Maritin I appreciate your support, we will see what happens...if finally solved I sure would like to know what caused this problem, we had serious financial losses, each lead when converted is worth $2,000 Our losses for month of December are 20 to 40 thousand dollars!
Photo of William1899

William1899

Uhhmmm Drew? In reference to you concluding I am "ahead" this month, I averaged 700 or so unique hits per week in Nov. now in Jan.'s first week its 333, actually down from Dec.'s average of 500.....

Wonder what others are seeing traffic wise.....please tell me

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry, I misread and thought monthly.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

It's baaack...again. Not getting the emails of the forms that are submitted.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

And the person i am chatting with just told me that there is no issue and that it is working fine even after all their test submissions did NOT go through.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

same here. only the file version is working! no emails!! Drew!!!
Photo of Lisa7116

Lisa7116

Same here!  No, no, not again!  
Photo of snaismith2595

snaismith2595

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am surprised it was working for you all at one point as functionality has never returned for my site!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am looking in to it.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

Drew, the person i am chatting with is asking for my email password to investigate this issue. That doesn't seem right to me. Do they really need it? Seems like they don't believe me that there is an issue. Please advise.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

please do. it has been working for me for 2 weeks. now? nothing. not good.
Photo of Dave

Dave

Do you really think these clowns can fix anything permanently?
Photo of Jeannie5233

Jeannie5233

No big surprise....my 'yet to be replaced' Homestead forms quit working again!  They go to the same Homestead email addresses that my new www.myContactForm.com forms are going to (which work flawlessly!).

(Edited)
Photo of William1899

William1899

When Drew calls them "engineers" I cringe, as I use bridges and buildings built by real engineers without fear, but these HS guys in a equivilant role  would drown or crush everyone. It actually can be criminal in the engineering world if you are so negligent or reckless it is considered tantamount to actual intent. Yes, I am suggesting they be arrested! lol! Or at least publically flogged!... Ahh just like the good old days...

Photo of Jeannie5233

Jeannie5233

I have my doubts that there are knowledgeable technical people dealing with these issues.  I worked in corporate IT departments (computer operations) for many years and this level of incompetence would never be tolerated.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, anyone seeing their form submissions not arrive via email, please provide the email address that the form is submitting to. This should make searching the logs much quicker.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

Does that mean that you will be pushing them through? I'd prefer that instead of trying to figure out the text files.
Photo of david2953

david2953

Drew it appears ours have stopped working as well. The forms should be coming to davidd@csthousing.com
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

how do i do that quickly and privately? i am off the hook busy right now.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can create a new, private conversation by following the instructions in the link below.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-private-conversation
Photo of Ginger0049

Ginger0049

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
same here.  Should be going to ginger@comnet89.com
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

Drew-

dcan you do that pelase i a m extemrly bust right now. limited access. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I actually can't as then you would not be able to see it. Can you tell me the page name for the form and I'll look for myself.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

it is my "contact us" page. found by going to "sellers"... the email is my first initial followed by my last name @ mycompany.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Got it. Thanks
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

is that you from Colorado snooping around? ;)
Photo of Lisa7116

Lisa7116

Drew, Mine seem to be working again for the moment.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That is me, but I wouldn't call it snooping when I told you I was going to do it. :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Lisa7116,

Great. I haven't heard back from the engineers yet, so they may have something or they still may be working.
Photo of Jon7735

Jon7735

Drew, I submitted two forms from this site: retreat1412.homestead.com; a registration form and a financial aid form. Only one (the financial aid form) came through as email. Both came through to the form manager.
Both were to be sent to registrar@midamericadharma.org.
Why is getting this right so hard? It worked perfectly before.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

form is now working. but honestly, when is this going to stop?
Photo of Nick0549

Nick0549

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I think it's ridiculous asking what page, what email address, etc. It doesn't friking matter what page or email addy! It just isn't working - again. Just make it work. For the love of God and the baby Jesus in a manger... just fix it. I'm begging you!!!
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

It's still not working Drew.
Photo of Dave

Dave

Trust is earned not given. They don't understand that at Homestead.
Photo of Jon7735

Jon7735

As of today, 1/13/15, submissions are working for me. One that I submitted yesterday PM came through just now, and this led me to run a fresh test of two forms. Both submission came through pretty promptly.

Now the question is ... can this be trusted to stay up? Recent events are not promising...
Photo of William1899

William1899

Received 2 forms yesterday down from 10 to 20 normal in my business...forms work for me locally but obviously not for others out in the world....this is the Grinch that stole Christmas from many of us and now is far into January...I do not believe they have a fix, and will not fix it, they are waiting for us that can't use a third party (mycontactforms.com or whatever they are called) to go away...Why?

No. 1 , they wont tell us WHY this keeps happening, so the reason has to be something like they cant fix it because it costs too much, or a disclosure would cause a mass termination of many accounts and move to a competitor, or they are sacrificing those of us affected, as a fix would either affect everyone negatively or is too laborious or expensive to fix for just those of us that are complaining.

No.2. Litigation. We have suffered thousands of dollars in losses, and are not alone.  They are covering against lawsuits.

No.3 They are just mystified as to why this problem is happening and don't have any answers, and don't want to admit it.

We are not stupid, and the longer it goes on without stating the nature of the problem, the worse it is going to be for them, its tantamount to fraud to take our money and string us along like this.

Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

i just got a form that was sent yesterday at 6:30pm. at least i got it.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The engineers report that the form submissions have been working properly for several days. If you are still having an issue then please again post your page with the forms and the email address that the forms fail to send to so they can look at the logs.

A number of recent complaints confirmed that the forms left our system and were delivered to the server specified, so in those case the email address the form goes to need to be update to receive or changed to a different address.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

well. it just stopped working again. the page is mysite.com ... sellers ... contact us. please fix it. it was working fine. now, its not. getting sick of this. seriously. sorry drew.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.