Submission Form

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Solved
When I receive and email from The Homestead Team telling me that somebody left a message on my site and then I try to reply to it my reply is sent to the Homestead Team and not to the person who has submitted the form. This has started happening in the last month and is very annoying. Homestead Technical support said they would report this to the Homestead developer - before the developers interfered my email reply always went to the person that submitted the form. Please change this back to how it was.
Photo of Francis Rockliff

Francis Rockliff

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Annoyed

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,928 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

This has been reported and suggested to be put back. I cannot provide an ETA but I can assure it is definitely been mentioned and is in the works. 
Photo of Neil7148

Neil7148

• 396 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is why I am here as well. It was a huge time saver to have the ability to just reply to these incoming messages and have the email go to the person who filled out the contact form. Is there a work around this in the meantime? Can we design a contact form with third party software and paste the html into our site?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello, 

I definitely understand it can save some time and we have sent feedback to the development team requesting the feature to be reverted. However, with the changes WebsiteBuilder has made it is not as easy as clicking one button. Unfortunately, there is not a work around I can suggest other than copying and pasting the email address into a composed email. You are more than welcome to use a HTML contact form that does have the option to reply back to the notification email, i'm sure you'll be able to come across one online that provides that feature.

Francis Rockliff

Thank you Michelle - I am the English person that you spoke to a while ago if you remember? Does your reply mean it will eventually be reverted? Francis
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

I do recall :) It has not been 100% set in place or confirmed but we are very hopeful. If I receive any updates on this feature being reverted I will keep you updated. 

Francis Rockliff

Thanks and will wait and see.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes, fingers crossed.