Storefront Inventory Management

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We have a storefront and I am not sure how the Inventory option works. I am the buyer, and I order new products once a week to replace those that we sold the week before. If I enable the Inventory function, do I have to manually update each item when I re-order, or can I set it to automatically update to the original quantity.

For example, let's say I have 10 of "Product A" and 9 are sold in one week. I re-order 9 of "Product A" at the end of the week. Do I have to go into our storefront and manually add back the 9 that I re-ordered, or will it automatically go back to 10 at the end of the week (or specified time period)?

Also, if I set the Inventory option to say "Allow product in catalog when out of stock" will the item be listed as out of stock before a customer tries to add it to their cart?

Thanks in advance!!!
Photo of Linda9586

Linda9586

• 978 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • confident

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Linda -

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately, you would have to manually re-enter the new inventory number when you receive new stock. Sorry about any inconvenience!

Regarding allowing product in catalog when out of stock, there will be messaging in the Product Description and Checkout, that an item is out of stock if a customer tries to add it to their card.

Hope that helps!
Aubrey
Photo of Linda9586

Linda9586

• 978 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your help!
Photo of Xavier0083

Xavier0083

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do I enable the products to say out of stock when purchased? Most of my products are rare and would only have an inventory of one at times. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Xavier0083,

This can be enabled by logging into your Store Administration:

Click Store > Product Prefs > check the Enable Inventory Check box.

Hope this helps, thanks for posting!

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.