Still using the desktop version of SiteBuilder? Make the switch to SiteBuilder Plus today!

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We're now making SiteBuilder Plus available to all of our customers. If you're interested, here are some of the exciting new features that you can take advantage of by switching to SiteBuilder Plus:

• Robust editing capabilities on both PC and Mac

• Expansive new library of professional images and design templates

• New image editing tools to showcase photos of your business and products

• Advanced Ecommerce features for selling your products online

• Social media integration with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

• Master template designs allow site wide changes to be made in one convenient area

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, we highly recommend making the switch to SiteBuilder Plus:

• I use a Mac

• I like to work on my website from more than one computer

• I frequently use SiteBuilder Lite to edit my website

• I'm interested in selling items online

• I'm interested in updated templates and library images

If you're interested, please complete the following two steps:

1. Publish all recent edits and changes to your website.

2. Respond to this message that you'd like to switch to SiteBuilder Plus.

Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tina1922

Tina1922

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I thought I already had SiteBuiler Plus....How do I find out? I am trying to update my site and change the design, but I only have a choice of 32 different types and don't even see the one I currently have/???????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello Tina,

Your account has Sitebuilder desktop and Sitebuilder lite, not Sitebuilder Plus. The number of templates in Sitebuilder desktop was cut down sometime ago as that is no longer our developing version. Sitebuilder Plus has more templates available to you, though you will, again, not find the one you have already used, as all the templates in Sitebuilder Plus are more modern looking than the old ones.

With the package you have, you can create a second site and play and develop it until you have completed it, then you can just move the domain to the new site.

Let me know if you would like to switch to Sitebuilder Plus and give it a try. Make sure you publish anything from desktop before we switch as your Sitebuilder desktop will be disabled when I switch you.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,702 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Tina1922

Sitebuilder Plus is an absolute joke, don't bother with it. I would suggest you continue using Sitebuilder as long as you can and in the meantime start looking for an alternate provider. Homestead has to be headed the way of the dinosaur the way myself and many others have it figured?
Photo of Martin

Martin

Also....Sitebuilder will not be disabled when you switch, that is ridiculous!

Have a look here for the truth: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I don't understand what you mean that it is ridiculous that Sitebuilder will not be disabled when we switch your account? It seems you would like to continue to use it if possible. We can allow Sitebuilder and Sitebuilder Plus, or we prefer to switch to Sitebuilder Plus only.

The vast majority of people who switch are very happy with Sitebuilder Plus. There are threads from folks saying how much they like it as well. There are some with specific problems that we are working on that seem to affect a group of people that have been difficult to track down. Sitebuilder Plus is our new program that will be developed moving forward. Virtually all web development software is going to be online now. Even Adobe Dreamweaver's new version will be a cloud based software.

We are continuing to keep Sitebuilder available for as long as we can. The program is no longer updated in any meaningful way. Changes in Windows can give us challenges to keep in working on certain machines and certain configurations of those machine. In some instances we can not get it to work on Windows 8. Mostly we can.

Tina, if you would like to try it let me know, we can always switch you back.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Tina1922

Tina1922

So I still ask....is there any other charges for the Plus version? I am not sure what the pros and cons are at this time other than it appears I don't have much options for updating my site now and making it more modern/up to date.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Most things are mentioned in the original post, but any new features we develop, are planned only for Sitebuilder Plus. Desktop is no longer being improved, it is only being maintained.

Personally, I prefer Plus to the desktop version for the simple reason that I don't have to install software if the whim to make an edit hits me. If I am changing something, but not ready to publish, I can save and then pick up at a different computer as Plus saves your work in the cloud, so it is always available.

Drew
Photo of Martin

Martin

Drew N

Show me these threads from folks who say they like plus please? If you can they are no doubt newbies that don't know any better.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Here's one for you.

I would like to remind you that the purpose of this community is to be constructive and productive. Please respect that others can have a different opinion than you. As a point of reference, the original poster has been a customer for 13 years, so not a newbie. We are aware you have issues and are trying to address them, but they are not everyone's issues. Let's try to stay positive and productive and let's all help to improve Sitebuilder Plus for everyone.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Martin

Martin

That is not the issue. Where are these alleged threads from the "folks" that like PLUS sir?

Martin Blaney

Guthrie, Oklahoma
Photo of Tina1922

Tina1922

My question is sitll not being answered........IS THERE ANY EXTRA COST?????? WHAT ARE THE PROs and CONS??????? All that is occuring is bickering back and forth......Please pay attention to my questions please!!!!!! I miss actual customer support!!!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry Tina, that was not my intention. There is no cost to you. You will have to learn to use the new program. It functions in much the same way, but it looks different. It has some new features, like an updated image library, new and improved templates, including a master page feature that makes it easier to make global changes to your site. There is an improved Simplestore and a traffic booster available only to Plus customers. Lastly, all new development is planned for Plus, not desktop.

If you are looking for anything more specific, let us know.

Drew
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tina,
I've left a message for you. I apologize that we weren't able to answer your questions quickly and efficiently. Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer. You can reach me directly by email or phone with the information I left on your answering machine.

Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.