SSL certificate

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I recently established a online store, the back end of the store has SSL. How can I get SSL for my static page? Also how can I get a copy of the SSL certificate logo being used on the back end.
Photo of Dexter

Dexter

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mindy

Mindy

• 872 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Dexter,

Storefront is designed to use a Shared SSL certificate that is built in. Unfortunately because of how this works, you can't add an SSL certificate to the other pages on your site since the SSL is used only at checkout.

Just a quick heads up that adding the information yourself going to be for advanced users only.

We do also have a service were you could pay our design team to add only the Verisign code to your check out page for you (for more information on this service click here.)

To add the code yourself, there are a couple requirements.
1st- You would be handling the code that makes your checkout work (so you would want to be extremely careful to not modify the existing code on the template).
2nd- You will want to make sure you are using multi page checkout.
3rd- Given the the complexity of HTML code, we are not able to troubleshoot or assist you with any modifications made the source code of your store.

If you wish to proceed in adding the VeriSign code to your site, you will want to bring up your Storefront Admin then go to Design Settings and bring up your template manager.

Before you modify the code on your checkout template, I personally recommend copying and pasting the code for the template into Notepad before you get started just in case something goes wrong.

The code used would vary depending on if set up your account with Homestead or Intuit Websites.

If you aren't sure if your account was set up through Intuit Websites or Homestead, check the URL of your account when you are inside your admin.

For Homestead Storefronts use the following:
<table width="135" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" title="Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.">
<tr>
<td width="135" align="center" valign="top"><script type="text/javascript" src="https://seal.verisign.com/getseal?host_name=stores.homestead.com&size=M&use_flash=YES&use_transparent=YES&lang=en"></script><br />
<a href="http://www.verisign.com/ssl-certificate/" target="_blank" style="color:#000000; text-decoration:none; font:bold 7px verdana,sans-serif; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:center; margin:0px; padding:0px;">ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES</a></td>
</tr>
</table>

For Intuit Website Storefronts use the following:
<table width="135" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" title="Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.">
<tr>
<td width="135" align="center" valign="top"><script type="text/javascript" src="https://seal.verisign.com/getseal?host_name=stores.intuitwebsites.com&size=M&use_flash=YES&use_transparent=YES&lang=en"></script><br />
<a href="http://www.verisign.com/ssl-certificate/" target="_blank" style="color:#000000; text-decoration:none; font:bold 7px verdana,sans-serif; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:center; margin:0px; padding:0px;">ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES</a></td>
</tr>
</table>

Once you have your checkout template open, you can copy and paste the HTML above to where you want the logo to appear on your checkout page. Then just save and publish. The way the code above works is you will only see the logo if you are on a page that has SSL (like the pages associated with checkout). So if the page doesn't have SSL you won't see the actual logo, just a link to how SSL works.

Here is how this will look once you are done.

I hope that helps.
Sincerely,
Mindy G
Photo of S

S

• 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Great post! I do have a question...is this still valid as I noticed when clicking on the 'lock' during checkout, it now shows Comodo and not VeriSign (I just noticed this recently and assumed the service was changed with the sale of Homestead?)

Thank you,
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We will be contacting you soon to let you know what will be upcoming.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of S

S

• 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thank you, Drew. Look forward to the post!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.