Some Emails are not being forwarded to my Outlook browser

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Over the last few weeks I have found several emails that were posted to the homestead server, yet they were not automatically forwarded to my email browser (Outlook) when I downloaded all my emails. I haven't yet been able to isolate the cause and it appears to be random. These are not spam emails or ads of any kind. They have always been client emails, some with attachments and some without (although they all have image attachments). The only reason I am aware of the emails is that they are downloaded to my cell phone (I6) successfully. The most current email was posted to homestead server on 6-17-15 at 6:06PM. I discovered it on my cell phone but of the dozen emails that were sent to Outlook, that one was missing. I went on the Homestead website, found the email and forwarded it to myself. My Outlook browser received that normally except Outlook said it was sent at 4:06, not 606
Photo of C. Fred2572

C. Fred2572

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Christine Richards

Christine Richards

• 3,202 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This is basically the same thing that has been happening with me too.  I see the email came through on my cell, but then when I go to my forwarded yahoo account it is not there.  Some emails that are sent to me I am not receiving at all.  It will finally show up like hours if not a day later after sent.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This is a different issue, as yours is in regards to our email forwarding system, and not an Outlook issue. Forwarded emails could be delayed, as the system considers forwarded emails to be a lower priority when sending messages.

If you need to check your Homestead email through your Yahoo email address, I would recommend setting this up with Yahoo to pull the emails. 

http://help.yahoo.com/qe/my/tutorials/mmail/mm_accessother2.html
Photo of Christine Richards

Christine Richards

• 3,202 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
What POP port?  110
Photo of William S

William S

110, correct.
Photo of William S

William S

Hello,

There could be an issue with the Outlook settings not grabbing the emails from the mail server. What type of email account(POP/IMAP) do you have set up on your phone and on Outlook?
Photo of C. Fred2572

C. Fred2572

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Thus far it appears as if settings on my cell phone and desktop are the same.  The problem just started happening and it occurs on less than 5% of the emails that I have received through Homestead, and it appears to be random emails.  I am not aware of any updates that were automatically install by Microsoft that might be causing it.  Anyway,  Christine has the same problem but she uses Yahoo for her email browser.  I am using Microsoft Outlook.  So can't be updates.  The only difference I can tell is Christine often gets the emails hours later of the next day.  I just don't get them at all.  

I use pop3 with pop.homestead.com for income and smtp.homestead.com for outgoing.  Incoming port is 110 and outgoing port is 587 which requires authentication but no SSL encryption.

Photo of William S

William S

Ah there is the issue. If you use pop for your connection, only one device is going to have the emails. How pop email works is that the device(Outlook or phone), checks for emails to our mail server and sees a new message, it will take the email. This email will then be stored on that device only.

So if your phone grabs the email first, then Outlook will never see that there was an email to grab because the phone took it. The opposite is also true. A way of testing this, is to turn your phone completely off(so it cant grab the email), then send yourself a test email and see if Outlook has the email.

The other option is setting up an IMAP instead of POP. IMAP shares and syncs the inbox, so what emails are on the phone, will also be on Outlook, and will also be on the web mail with us.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.