Some clients are not receiving emails through homestead

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

We send out about 150 billing invoices once a month through quickbooks, we use the homestead email for this. A significant number of clients say they are not receiving the emails. Is there something going on with the homestead client that would prevent this. Please help it is getting frustrating. This have been going on for a few months.
Photo of Karl3188

Karl3188

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Richard3460

Richard3460

• 1,488 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I have been told that my emails are not being received. I cannot stress the loss associated with this, enough. It’s truly devastating and I would really like to know if there is a cure.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 14,428 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Richard,

I did see a couple of outdated email records in your DNS settings. These old settings do sometimes cause emails to get filtered or routed to a persons spam or junk folder and in some instances wont come in at all. I did get those updated and this should help with receiving your sent emails. Try re sending to someone who was not receiving and let me know if it goes through now. 
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,230 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I also have had problems with customers not receiving emails. Addresses with hotmail, live, msn, aol and others associated with microsoft accounts do not receive my emails. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Steve, 

Some of your DNS settings may need to be updated as well. I see drywallcarolina.com has the old records. Since your name servers are with cloud flare I am unable to update those from my end, would you mind calling into support so we can get logged into cloud flare and assist with updating?
If you are familiar with updating DNS in cloud flare you can log in and update the email records to match these. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/dns-records-for-homestead-email
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Karl,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Are you sending out a large number of emails at once or are these invoices sent out individually? 

Also, would you mind providing me what email address you are sending from and an email address that did not received your email. I can runs some tests on the line of communication. 
Photo of Karl3188

Karl3188

we send from wes@allaboutpoolstx.net we have sometimes sent from sales@allaboutpoolstx.net results are the same with either one. We were sending in bulk about 150 at once we have tried sending a few at a time same results. about half say they dont receive them. There are way too many emails to list her.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

If you sending the 150 emails at once directly from Roundcube? You will definitely be running into the email limit. The most emails that can be sent at once is going to be 50 emails. 
Photo of Karl3188

Karl3188

What is roundcube? I have not seen that referenced anywhere before. The email is homestead.com
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Roundcube is the email client homestead uses. What program do you send your email from?  Are you connected to outlook or another 3rd party? 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

It shows all messages sent out in the past 30 days from wes@allaboutpoolstx.net and sales@allaboutpoolstx.net were all delivered properly. 
Photo of Richard3460

Richard3460

• 1,488 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Michelle, Please check on mine as well.  Steve from Lazydays has sent me 2 TEST emails which I replied to the first, alleging he is not receiving my emails.

From Richard@acenergysaver.com to Steve Scolaro <SScolaro@Lazydays.com>
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Records show the server did release the emails that were sent to SScolaro@Lazydays.com. I see quite a few that were sent out in the past few days including today, yesterday and Wednesday. There is nothing that is preventing the email to be sent out.

What may be happening is that the receiving server was blocking it from being received. It could have been due to those outdated settings that we updated but it also may need to be cleared on their end to allow your emails to land on their server. If they still cannot receive your emails you can provide their email support team the source from that email. Here is how you can obtain the source code to provide them. Go to the email you sent them, open it, click on more and select show source. You will see a lot of text. Copy ALL the text and provide that to their support. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.