slow downloads

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Some people are experiencing really slow downloads on files at my website. When I check it on my Satellite and Android phone, it's fast. One person in particular has the fastest internet available, but has experience this regularly on his iPhone. Any ideas what I can do to speed things up???
Photo of bookministry

bookministry

• 780 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,260 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It loaded quickly for me. Perhaps it's a browser issue. Try a refresh.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What are they experiencing? Is it slow to start? or does it hesitate? I tried it on a PC on a relatively slow connection and it payed fine. I do not have an iPhone available at this time. Is it all iPhones, or is it a question of timing?
Photo of bookministry

bookministry

Thanks - I'm converting these files to links to my Amazon Web Service - so that might help. He tells me it says it's downloading, but just hangs and sits there with little to no movement indicating the download is progressing.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Let us know. We can look in to this on Monday when I have access to an iPhone.
Photo of bookministry

bookministry

I'm thinking there are two possibilities: 1) Homestead server is slow sometimes due to high traffic; 2) It's the device being downloaded to - which means try other browsers - make sure wifi is good, ... I was wondering if other Homestead customers were having similar issues with sometimes fast / sometimes slow downloads. I've changed this particular series out to AWS - but actually doubt that'll help. Thanks - feel free to weigh in when you have access to your iPhone. I am "apple free" - so I'm limited on testing.
Photo of bookministry

bookministry

Thanks - but THAT'S the problem - it loads quickly for me, but I've been getting several calls from my pastor (it's his website I created and manage) about his problem and other's he's fielding complaints from. I've been converting files stored at Homestead to links to Amazon Web Services. This may be a solution. I will also recommend switching browser which might help. Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.