Sitebuilder Hacked

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: resolved

I just logged into my sitebuilder to update my site and found all sorts of weird stuff on my pages, that I never put there. I logged out, signed back in and said to load from the last save, and the pages look fine but when I go to preview all the weird stuff is there and I have no way of removing it. My published site is fine but my site in site builder is a mess! Any idea what could have happened and how to fix?

Thanks, 
Alannah
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

• 1,034 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alannah3334,

It looks ok in Sitebuilder to me.  What browser are you using?  Can you clear the browsing history and look again, or try a different browser?

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Have tried it in Firefox and it's the same but I will clear the cache in both Chrome and Firefox and let you know in a couple minutes. Also, in the preview mode, I right clicked to View Source and the odd stuff was in the code.

Back in a couple,
Thanks,
Alannah
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Is it all pages?  and both sites?  Can you take a screen shot and post it?

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Never done the upload before! Hope this is OK. If you need I can upload what these pages should look like too. It appears to be all pages on the Healing Spirit Song site, the other site is OK. Clearing the cache in both Chrome and Firefox has no effect. 

I will check back with you in about an hour, have to run my husband to the ferry boat then I'll be back.

Thanks so much for investigating this Drew. I will do everything I can on my end to help.

Regards,

Alannah
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, I see now.  This might take me a little while to look into.  Are you needing to update something urgently?

Drew
Photo of Trevor4274

Trevor4274

• 614 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have found that Google Chrome is a problem for me on lots of issues and I hate Firefox, but most bugs I have ever picked up online have always been sorted out for me by a program called Spy Hunter which seeks out Malware infestations, if nothing else works maybe give that a go?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Thanks Trevor,

I will into this more.  I think it can be some plug ins too, as we have some customers who say Firefox won't even load Sitebuilder and Chrome works great, but then we have exactly the opposite case as well, so it is a bit strange.
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Thanks Drew,

I only have one plug in on Chrome right now and that's the Norton safeweb. I don't need to update urgently and honestly, I can't tell you how long it's been like this. I've had some health problems lately so have been inactive. It's probably been at least a couple of months since I last logged in. 
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Thanks Trevor,

I've tried a few things about a month ago when I was having trouble with drive-by downloads. At that time I uninstalled Chrome and did a fresh install and the problem seems to have resolved. But I will try Spy Hunter and see if it picks up anything.

Much appreciate the tip,

Alannah
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok Alannah,

I may need to have a developer look, so it might be tomorrow.  I will keep you updated.
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Thanks very much. Let me know if there's any other info or pics you'd like from me and I will keep checking in with Site builder to see if anything changes. BTW, I'm using Sitebuilder Plus online.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Will do.  If I need anything, I will post here and you should get an email.
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Dear Drew,

It looks like another Homestead website has somehow crashed into mine. The website is: http://vehicletreasurial.homestead.com/Blank.html.  Maybe this will help?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I see that.  I am not sure how that can happen, but I am looking into it.
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome.  I have an idea, but I will absolutely need a developer to confirm it.  I have already escalated it, but it won't be at least until tomorrow before I have any more information.
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

No problem, I'm happy to wait, my updates can wait.

Thanks again Drew,

Alannah
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Hi folks,

Just wondering if there's been any progress on my issue?

Thanks,

Alannah
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
HI Alannah3334

Drew is off today , but I've been tracking this while he's away. He has escalated this and we are still investigating this. We still have the option of reverting the site to a previous date but want to make sure the issue is fixed so it doesn't happen again.
We'll keep you posted as soon as we hear something.

Mike
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Thanks Mike,

Appreciate the attention this is getting. I'm happy to wait for a full resolution. Thankfully, the published site is just fine in the meantime.

Regards,

Alannah
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for your patience!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Alannah3334,  You may have noticed already but this problem should now be fixed. You may want to clear your browser cache before you log in to make sure you are seeing the current/correct version.

Mike
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Hi Mike,

Many thanks! Everything looks as it should be! Even without clearing the browser!

Any idea what happened? Just curious as I enjoy learning about these things.

Again, thanks so much to you, Drew and the team of devs. You guys rock! I've always had good and considerate service from the team at Homestead.

Happy customer, 
Best Regards,

Alannah
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'm not sure since this was escalated but it was most likely cause by something on our end. Perhaps an agent working on two accounts at the same time but it's hard to tell. Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you need anything else.

Mike
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

No worries, it was only a couple of days. I'm happy!

Thanks again,

Alannah
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.