SiteBuilder for Mac

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

If Homestead makes a setting change to my account so I can use site builder on my Mac, will that affect using SiteBuilder on the PC I also have?  I use both a PC and Mac.  Homestead, you should really move into the new century and offer a Mac download version!
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 262,450 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good morning Catherine9642,

Sitebuilder Plus is an online version of Sitebuilder.  It will run on a PC or a Mac, through your browser.  You would run the same editor on both Mac and PC and don't need to download anything.  We do have to make this change for you.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

Please make the change.  FYI, i was able to access the online version.  Here's how.  I logged in as normal, then  in another browser window typed SiteBuilder Plus login.  I guess the system saw I was logged in, because it pulled up my files for editing.  

Regardless, please make the change to my account.  Also, how do I set up a new page?  I didn't see the create new page option in SiteBuilder plus.

Thanks, 
Catherine
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,478 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Catherine9642,   I've converted your account to Sitebuilder Plus.  Here are the steps showing your how to add a new page.  If you have any other questions, let us know. The new SiteBuilder will look a bit different but has almost all the same functions so if you can't find something let us know.

Mike
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

Couple of issues regarding Sitebuilder plus.  (1)  When I log in now, I no longer see the "Manage Your Pages & Files" link under the more options.  (2) Nor can I manage my images in SiteBuilder Plus without first pressing the add image element.    Some people like to upload all of their images before using them.  Now I have to upload one at a time.  (3) I also have a folder with my content pages.  My content is called into a div element.  I cannot tell the system where I want my new pages saved to (automatically assumes its a regular page) without using the old site builder on my PC.  Seems you've taken away some of the functionality.

Other than that, like the new version.  I only have one other suggestion:  Get multi-level menus in your menu function!  I found code to get by, but would be nice if your element had that capability.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Catherine9642,

It sounds like you may just be looking for the File Manager. The link was moved to a new location. The following page shows how to access the File Manager where you can organize your pages and files and upload items.  Most browsers will also support drag'n drop, so if you have a lot of images or files, you can just create a folder and drag and drop them in.

Where is the file manager located?

Let me know if this helps or if you are still needing something different.

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

It doesn't work.   The instructions you linked me to state to "Click your domain name or sitename at the top. Then, choose View File Manager from the drop-down menu."  All my drop down provides is switching to another site that I have.  If I press the edit button, it immediately opens site builder.  If I select More, my only options there are to manage Paypal, manage forms, rename site.  
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Catherine9642,

You need to go ahead and open the SiteBuilder. From the SiteBuilder window, you'll see the domain name of the site you currently have open, at the top of the page. That is where you'll get the dropdown menu with the File Manager option.

Mike

Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

Okay, found it.  What I don't still have an answer to:  How do I save a page to a folder????  I could do this in the old site builder.  Your add new page doesn't ask if I want to save it to a folder, and the file manager doesn't have an option to move a page to a folder.  I have a "content bucket," that through code fills into my main index page depending on what the user does.  The items that are content pages are all in a folder called "content pages."  

And now because you switched my account, I can't do it in the old site builder.  At least when I had the old site builder, I could access site builder plus through an internet search after logging in, so I could use both versions.  Now I'm stuck.  
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

When you are in the File Manager, you can create new folders if you wish. Then just drag and drop any of your pages into the folder you wish. If you do this you'll need to fix any hyperlinks that you have to those pages though. It's best to just leave the pages in their original location unless you are creating a very large site and need to have the organized or categorized for other reasons.

Mike
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

Thanks.  Element question.  What happened to the form element where you can set your own form elements?  I see a contact form, but sometimes it's more than about contacting us.  For example, a newsletter sign-up.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The element you are describing was removed quite some time ago. You can actually do the same thing with the Custom Form elements.  You can add as many fields as you need and then when you add the submit button just be sure to check the button that sends the form data to a text file. We have a help topic that shows you the steps.

Collecting form data

If you have any questions let us know.

Mike

Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

Another element question.  I don't see the page anchor element any more.  Is it no longer available?  Is there another way to put in an anchor?

Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

Another question.  How do I remove the "Website Designed at HomesteadTM List Your Business for Free that displays on every single page?  I don't mind it on the home page, but don't want to see it on every single page.  This was not the case in the old SiteBuilder, and as a long-time user of homestead, I want the option of displaying since I pay a monthly fee now.  When it was free, it was understandable, but not when a monthly fee is charged.
Photo of Drew N

Hi Catherine9642,

You can create an anchor.  When you highlight and try to link text there is an option that says link to another area on the page.  In that drop down, you can create new anchors.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

You can remove the footer by turning it off.
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

Yes, this is where I can turn off the copyright.  How do I turn off the "Website Designed at Homestead List Your Business for Free" that is appearing on every page?  It is at the footer twice when I use insert a page into a contentDiv--- once on the page that is being inserted into the contentDiv and once at the bottom of the main page.  You can see an example of what I'm talking about at www.pitterpatterproductions.com/indextestingpage.html

So how do I turn that off?  
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

I changed the font color for the footer to black (my background), and that has resolved it for the most part.  I would still like to know how to remove the above item though, but you won't see it at the link I provided because of my work around.
Photo of Drew N

You need to uncheck the indicated box on each page that you wish to remove the message.

Thanks

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.