Sitebuilder will not launch

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Site builder was working fine on my Windows 10 last time I updated my site, about a year ago.  And now it will not launch at all on my PC, no messages, nothing.  It is as if I didn't click the icon to load it.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sitebuilder and still nothing. 
Photo of Beckie

Beckie

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,896 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're still using Sitebuilder Desktop? You should consider upgrading to the new Websitebuilder. 
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
SB+ is similar to sitebuilder desktop. SB+, of course, is the new version of sitebuilder and the software operates in the cloud. No need to load the SB+ program on your cpu. The new Websitebuilder is a "Responsive Design" and enable mobile friendly sites to be built with new features like Drop Down Menus. As usual, there are many advantages to using new software. The world is changing and leaving the old sitebuilder behind. You can do some form customization in Websitebuilder, but currently all the options that Sitebuilder Plus has are not there. Drop down menus are only available in Websitebuilder. In Sitebuilder Plus, you would need to do that in HTML.
NEW WEBSITEBUILDER:
Yes you can absolutely upgrade to our new WebsiteBuilder! As mentioned, you can rebuild your site in the background while your old one is still up and running. After you're done, we can switch your domain over. This new builder has a mobile editor built in, so you can also have a mobile site without having to use Duda. 

We have many helpful Youtube tutorial videos on this builder, if you would like to watch those:

https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites/videos
(Edited)
Photo of Beckie

Beckie

When I open Sitebuilder plus, its my old website from two+ years ago!  How do I get my current files in there to update with out having to completely rebuild?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 11,588 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Go to the file manager form the desktop version and click upload.
(Edited)
Photo of Beckie

Beckie

That's not the problem.  My desktop version is what is already live.  Site builder plus is what is outdated.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

What is live should be what shows in the desktop version since that is where you published it from. So from the desktop version (which should have you live content) go to file manager and upload the pages, this will upload the content to Sitebuilder Plus so it has the updated information. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

The software you are attempting to utilize, Sitebuilder desktop, is outdated and has been having issues when updates are made. We would strongly recommend using Sitebuilder plus which is the same program and has your same content, it just requires you to log into your account online to access it. You will not run into the issues you are seeing with the desktop version. If you wish to continue using the desktop version you can try running the repairs in these articles.
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/sitebuilder-desktop-fix-oqmscj7tjibxu  
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/windows-10-and-sitebuilder-desktop-axe9sy82c33rk
Photo of Beckie

Beckie

Michelle,
Thank you, that worked perfectly!
Beckie.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Awesome! Glad to hear that. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.