SiteBuilder was unable to launch.

  • 0
  • 2
  • Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

When I click on the HomeStead SiteBuilder icon, I get a pop-up saying:
SiteBuilder was unable to launch.
SiteBuilder could not launch.
Contact your system administratoror SiteBuilder support for assistance
Please contact support@homesteadsupport.com

I have tried re-loading SiteBuilder, starting SiteBuilderLPXLauncher.exe directly, updating Java, and other fixes.

I have sent emails to HomeStead twice with no reply.
Photo of Mark5665

Mark5665

  • 980 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

  • 0
  • 2
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

  • 258,792 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We do not have email support. will look into that message. What Windows version are you using and did it previously work on this computer? or is the computer new and never had Sitebuilder installed?
Photo of Mark5665

Mark5665

  • 980 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
It's Windows 10 Home, which I was using as soon as it came out. Was using Homestead SiteBuilder back in Windows 7 and into Windows 10. worked fine when it worked. Did have some problems with updates, cured by uploading newest Java. Didn't work this time.
Photo of Maurine1445

Maurine1445

  • 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Having a similar problem.  Getting a message "SitebuilderLPX.exe has stopped working   Hang on while Windows reports the problem to Microsoft".   After looking at all of the tips and hints I went to the following page:  https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/windows-10-and-sitebuilder-desktop and read the part about J#.  d/l'd the J# setup and did the repair.  The loader now takes me to the log-on screen.    Couldn't tell if you've tried this from reading all of the comments.  Hope this helps. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

  • 258,792 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
.NET 4.x does not include the .NET 2.5 which is required. The .NET 3.5 must be enabled to have Sitebuilder desktop work. I have only seen this behavior when one of these 2 Microsoft programs isn't running. I am doing some further testing on a Windows 10 machine.
Photo of Mark5665

Mark5665

  • 980 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
IT'S UP AND RUNNING!

Thanks ever so much for your help. Next step was to reload Windows and hope for the best.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

  • 258,792 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Fantastic!
Photo of Maurine1445

Maurine1445

  • 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Glad it helped Drew.  I found that fix because the last thing I wanted to do is do a reinstall so I thought I'd try any and everything else first.  Next plan is to do a little research and find out what the heck "J#" is all about.  Then, if I can just find a way for the rest of the Sitebuilder load to take less than 7 minutes I'd be really happy.  Waiting for the load to complete is like watching a snail climb a tree. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.