Sitebuilder Plus vs Websitebuilder

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I've noticed on help that it mixes Sitebuilder Plus instructions with Websitebuilder. Isn't there a way that these two can be separated? I am trying to place a calendar on a Websitebuilder site that hasn't gone live yet (moving domain name), but I see nothing when I insert Google Calendar URL for that page. I've also noticed this in several other areas. Maybe it's because I'm used to it, but Sitebuilder Plus was/is a much easier program to understand and learn.
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

• 444 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 63,602 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of gwrratn6550

gwrratn6550

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Nope, it didn’t help a bit. There is no form for a calendar. I did read on another page that you could bring in a Google calendar in html format. I thought all I needed to do this was copy the URL and paste it on my page. Nothing showed up under preview, or on the working page. I’ve also noticed that individual pages are restricted to length. I have a news letter that was 19 pages long, and I had room for 3. Sitebuilder Plus didn’t/doesn’t have this problem. View https://www.ka4cpo.com, look on the right and find the link for Comet Courses. You’ll notice that it goes a long way down the page.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,592 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you paste the URL as a text link, then people should be able to click this link and be brought into Google Calendar to see the calendar you are sharing; however, if you are wanting an actual calendar to show on your website, this would need to be done via HTML.

It is recommended to restrict your page length for loading purposes and general customer experience (people are generally only willing to scroll so much before they leave a page). In regard to your statement regarding page length, the opposite is actually true. Sitebuilder has a page length limit that I've seen many customers run into. Website Builder, to my knowledge, does not. At least, I've never seen it and I've seen some incredibly long pages.
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

If you looked at my site at ka4cpo.com, and searched for Comet Courses on the right side links, you will see that Sitebuilder Plus doesn't restrict me to length. On Websitebuilder I am running into a grey box at the bottom of the page and not having much luck in putting items in there, such as a 19 page newsletter.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I did look at that page. Sitebuilder Plus does restrict you in length, you just don't have a long enough page to hit that limit.
On Website Builder, the grey box is the space after the page. To add length to the page, you simply have to add a new section or drag the page down to make it longer.
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

That sounds easy enough. Thank you. In the meantime, I thought it might be easier if I had a jpg. of each page and put that in separately. I'll play with it later.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Sounds good. Let me know if you have any other questions
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,944 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

A Google calendar can be added by getting the code and embedding that in the website via an HTML element. The instruction for adding HTML to WebsiteBuilder are here:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/adding-html-in-website-builder
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

This worked. Now all I have to do is to get Google to give me my 3 other email address back so I can have the right title on the page.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.