Sitebuilder Plus site statistics

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This workaround is no longer relevant, this specific issue has been resolved.

We are aware of an issue with our site statistic program for Sitebuilder Plus. You will get a warning/error that says the connection is not private. We do have a resolution for this, it will just take some time to write it into the code. In the meantime, you can manually apply this fix by adjusting the URL that the statistics tool brings you to.

When you click on "View Stats", it will redirect you to a webpage and the address bar will display a URL that starts like this:

https://v8.prnx.net/VisitsPerDay.asp?

You just need to make two small adjustments. Change the first "v" to a "t" and add "v8/" after the ".net/" part of the URL. It should look like this:

https://t8.prnx.net/v8/VisitsPerDay.asp?

DO NOT COPY THIS EXAMPLE. This is just to demonstrate what the beginning of your address bar should look like once you've successfully made the changes.

Making these changes will bring the stat tracker up and functioning for you. You will also see the stats from the past week that you have not been able to see the stats. No data has been lost.

This is by no means a permanent fix we expect you to do from now on, but until we are able to get this written into the code, this is a workaround to still be able to use your stats.

The other suggestion I will give is to use either Google Analytics to track your site stats (this is one of the best programs out there for this) or consider rebuilding your site in our newer builder, Website Builder. Not only will you have a better quality builder to create your website on, but it will be mobile friendly, responsive, and provide a free SSL. The statistics for this builder is also a more updated program. If you have any questions regarding how to get started in this builder, I would be happy to assist you.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,948 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Jim4187

Jim4187

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled unsafe nog secure website when looking for stats.

So I see some info on this, but when will it get resolved?
Photo of Gregg6020

Gregg6020

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem with Stats.

v8.prnx.net/VisitsPerDay.asp?Graph=StackedColumn3D&pn=8&user=1750504924&pw=hsrenspWhen I go to view my web stats, I am getting an error message, it says that the page is not secure and reports no visits to the site.
Photo of Melissa1086

Melissa1086

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Site Has ZERO visitors??? After twelve years??.

I'm no longer able to view site statistics as the link is now red flagger as an attacker/unsafe site. There are ZERO visitors to my site for the last 10 days, What is going on??
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

• 828 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Week..Month # 2.5 of this ..no stats...your possibly being hacked...any success on your on going repair???
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

In no way are we being hacked. It is just a different URL that needs to be updated in our code. We are still working on editing the code. In the meantime, you can still see your sites by following the instructions above.
Photo of Marcus1154

Marcus1154

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am now looking for a new company to host my website the service with Homestead is terrible now used to be good but that is in the past. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm sorry that you feel that way. We have tried to make this as easy as possible until we are able to get the code updated on our end. You can bookmark the link once you make the changes above, then it is a simple click to view your stats.
Photo of Marcus1154

Marcus1154

I have no idea what you are asking me to do can you put this in simple words, please?  I have been with you folks for a very long time .
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

If you scroll up to the post that you commented under, you'll see the step by step instructions to view your stats. There are just a couple of changes you need to make in the address bar of the stats page.
Once you are in your stats page, you can bookmark that page in your browser (usually a star in your address bar that you click to bookmark), so you can just click on that bookmark to view your stats in the future.
Photo of Marcus1154

Marcus1154

but how do I make my site say it is secure.  Who want to visit a site that says not secure?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

To make your site secure, you'll need to follow these instructions:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https
Photo of Steven4141

Steven4141

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

While I'm not too pleased with the extra steps to view my site stats , it's really no big deal . Just change 4 letters & you're in . As for getting no visits the first thing I did once I discovered the "no visitors " statement was to just go directly to my site & I was in . If I could get in then so could anyone else . No worries there , I'm still getting daily visits , it's just "inconvienent " to view my stats . So while this problem needs fixing nothing on the site side has changed .
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Warning. "There is a problem with this website's security certificate.".

Today, when I tried to "View Stats" for my website, I got this message:

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate.  The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.  Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.  We recommend that you close this webpage.  Click here to close this webpage.  Continue to this website (not recommended).  More information."

I went through a long, involved process to get a security certificate a few years ago.  What's going on?

www.bobkingsound.com

Photo of Bob King

Bob King

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My question was merged here (and closed with no reply).  Can I be certain that visitors to my site are not getting a similar message about security problems and danger?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Your customers aren't checking your site statistics, so no, they would not be getting that error.

Currently, Sitebuilder Plus sites are experiencing an outage, so they are currently not loading. We are working on resolving this as soon as possible
(Edited)
Photo of bill9188

bill9188

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My site doesn't have a view stats button. Any thoughts as to why would be greatly helpful?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Bill, you aren't using the same builder as the customers who have the "view stats" button referenced in this post. To view your stats, log into WebsiteBuilder and click "Stats" on that left panel.
Photo of bill9188

bill9188

Elyzabeth, you're awesome. But, sent a screenshot email. I'm not seeing a stats panel. Thank you, so much for your help, and yes you're awesome!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hmm, is it possible you were just in Websites Manager in your account and not the builder? You have to actually log into the builder for your website, and look on the menu on the left:

Photo of bill9188

bill9188

YOU are amazing! I bow to your awesomness. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Ha! Well, you are too kind. I'm happy to help!
Photo of bill9188

bill9188

You've been amazing! I genuinely and greatly respect and appreciate your expertise and help. 
Photo of Kathy1328

Kathy1328

When I clicked on View Stats it came up that there was a problem with the site's security certificate.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

If you scroll up to the post that you commented on, you'll see the information regarding this issue as well as instructions to view your stats
Photo of Kathy1328

Kathy1328

I did that but the stat tracker did not come up. This is the screen I received:

Login Web Analytics ViewerPartner ID :
User :
Password :
Display password (clear text)
Submit

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

You need to only make the 2 changes I mentioned. The screen you are mentioning shows up if you've deleted the information in the URL pertaining to your site or if you just copied and pasted the example URL into an address bar. Neither of those options will work. Click View Stats and make the changes in the address bar
Photo of Kathy1328

Kathy1328

I didn't copy and paste it, but you're right, I made the changes and then deleted everything after the question mark so it would look like your example. When I left everything after the question mark, my stats came up. Thank you!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Perfect, I'm glad that worked for you!
Photo of Joseph8192

Joseph8192

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The Site Stats are Not Working.

After log-in, I see a statement claiming I've had no visitors in the past 7 days.  I know that's wrong.  When I click "View Site Stats" (or whatever the label is), I get this warning that the website certificate is not valid and my browser essentially forbids me to go there.  This may well be another "certificate expired" situation as Homestead had last month for e-mail.  PLEASE FIX IT!
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

• 506 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My site is also not secure.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello, 

If you are referring to your sites actually not being secure (using HTTPS), then you'll need to follow these instructions to resolve this issue:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https

If you are referring to the error you get when you click "View Stats", please scroll up to the post you commented under to see more information and instructions
Photo of Bradley5812

Bradley5812

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ERROR CODE - DLG_FLAGS_SEC_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID.

When in Sitebuilder, it says I have had no visits in the last 7 days, which I know is incorrect. When I click on View Site Stats - Msg is This Site in not Secure - Host name in the webiste security certificate differs from the website I am trying to visit - ERROR CODE - DLG_ FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID. Is this something NEW? or is it related to your posted issues you're dealing with ???
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

Here is the information about this issue and the workaround we have available
Photo of Peg9930

Peg9930

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I get this same message,   There is no way around it and no way I can scroll to the top of the page to see any instructions to work around it
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

Just so I can understand the issue, what is preventing you from seeing the instructions? Since you are commenting here, you are on the post. You would've had to scroll past the instructions to get to the comments. What device are you using to view this?
Photo of Peg9930

Peg9930

Elyzabeth, I found the instructions.  did like it said changed the first V to a t. and add v8 after the .net     it says This site can not be reached.     What did i do wrong?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Just to make sure, did you make sure to add the additional "/" as well?
Also, please make sure you didn't delete the rest of the information in the address bar
Photo of Peg9930

Peg9930

Elyzabeth, i added the additional /    it says this site can not be reached.    
  https://t8.prnx.netv8//VisitsPerDay.asp?   of course there is more, but this is what i've changed.  the first V to a T  then add v8 behind the .net with the extra /     still telling me that this site can not be reached
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

If you'll see in the example I gave you in this post, there are not two "/" together, but on either side of the "v8"
It should read .net/v8/
Photo of Bill5635

Bill5635

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
when will this be fixed??????
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

Stats still broke...have to look at my calender  week 6 or 6/7 I believe??? Any Progress???
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I definitely understand your concern, we will provide an update when we have one. In the meantime, you can still view your stats by following the instructions above. The stat tracker is not broken, the button for it is just not bring you to the correct URL. The instructions above show you how to edit that URL
Photo of Rory6602

Rory6602

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have tried to use your "fix" without success.  Iam not allowed to enter.  Can I use a different statistics program for my sites.  I would rather not use Google Analytics.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,918 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can use a different stats program.
If you would like to use this stat tracker, please send me a screenshot of the URL you are fixing and we'll see if we can troubleshoot why it isn't working.
Photo of Lenise#201

Lenise#201

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Has this been fixed yet. I am still unable to access my stats info and continues to stay this site is not secure.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

We are still working to resolve this issue.
Have you applied the fix in the article above to see your stats?
Photo of Lenise#201

Lenise#201

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, I was able to figure it out. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Ok, good. I'm glad
Photo of Dennis4586

Dennis4586

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have been receiving ZERO hits on my site for weeks now. Is there something wron....
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

• 1,922 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am unable to change this URL as Elizabeth suggests. t is not in a form to edit. Can you explain further?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm sorry, what do you mean "t is not in a form to edit"? You just need to delete the first v in the URL and change it to t. Then, add v8/ after .net/
Photo of John7810

John7810

• 436 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
is there an ETA on when this will be fixed?  It's been over a month.. 
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

The instructions for making my website secure are too convoluted for me. I am not IT savvy. Will this be fixed by Homestead???? Please assist. Thank you
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

A month...TRY 7-8 WEEKS!!!!!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Alice, if you are having trouble with the instructions, you can certainly call to have someone walk you through it. 1-800-710-1998.

There is not an expected resolution time, but they are getting this changed as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can still see your stats using the instructions above.
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

Hi Elizabeth, I have been trying to call Homestead to assist but they are closed when I can call. I work days and commute 3 hours during the week.
I have 2 websites that are showing not secure. When I tried to work with Cloudflare, they want a fee for more than 1 website.
I don’t feel that this is right.
Please assist
Thank you
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

If you are able to call right now, we are open and don't have any hold time. It should not charge you for multiple sites. You just have to make sure you're choosing the free option.
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

Hello, I do not have access to a computer now. Only a cellphone
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

Thank you❤️ I will call❤️
Photo of R.

R.

• 2,546 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi,

I read the posts today where it said that this problem has been solved, but my site stats have been frozen since 5:00 a.m. (10 hours ago). 

Just checking to see if the problem is still ongoing or if there's something wrong on my end. Thanks.
Photo of christine2742

christine2742

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mine is frozen too!
Very frustrating...
Photo of christine2742

christine2742

Is anyone else having this problem?
I called earlier today to report the problem.
My concern was not taken seriously.  They said that visits to your site could take awhile to show up on statistics.   I told them that it never takes this long and  I suggested that there may be a problem with their "fix".  I got no help or answers from the girl that I spoke with.
Can someone from Homestead please respond??
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

We resolved the issue where the "View Stats" button wasn't redirecting to the proper URL and https visits weren't tracking. With those updates, it seems that there is an issue with the stats on non-secure sites.
If you follow the process to secure your domains through Cloudflare, your stats would start functioning:

We will continue to troubleshoot this on our end.
(Edited)
Photo of R.

R.

• 2,546 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your reply, Elyzabeth.

I've got my fingers crossed. :-)
Photo of Richard1148

Richard1148

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My stats have not updated correctly the last 3 days, it appears to me that there is still an issue...my visitor numbers are way to low, not reflective of my previous history.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,794 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We resolved the issue where the "View Stats" button wasn't redirecting to the proper URL and https visits weren't tracking. With those updates, it seems that there is an issue with the stats on non-secure sites.
If you follow the process to secure your domains through Cloudflare, your stats would start functioning:

We will continue to troubleshoot this on our end.
Photo of John7810

John7810

• 436 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The issue isn't completely solved.   The numbers for my sites are mostly at zero which I know is completely wrong.    Please look into this
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

If you will look at my comment that you responded to, you'll see I did mention that in resolving the previous issue, the stats for people with non-secure sites stopped working and we are looking into this. For a quicker resolution, you can follow the instructions above to secure your site
Photo of Keith5330

Keith5330

• 664 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have followed your suggestion for a temporary fix of changing  the v to a t and adding the v8/  but, that is already there and it still doesn't work.  What I get now is:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'CDate'

/v8/handle_params.asp, line 311

This is what the link looks like.  As you can see it already contains the changes you recommend:

https://t8.prnx.net/v8/VisitsPerDay.asp?Graph=StackedColumn3D&pn=8&user=1757912264&pw=hs...

I am with everyone else on this issue; it is frustrating, non-professional has been unresolved for too long....it needs to be fixed!
Photo of Keith5330

Keith5330

• 664 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Also, I tried doing the Cloudflare thing and found it complicated.  So much so I couldn't complete the instructions.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

The workaround of making changes in the URL for the original issue is no longer needed.
If you are having trouble securing your site through Cloudflare, you can definitely give us a call and one of our web advisors can help walk you through this process.
1-800-710-1998
Photo of christine2742

christine2742

I secured my site through cloudflare a couple weeks ago.
The stats started working fine.
Now, since last night they are not working again!
Can someone please tell me what is going on?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.