Sitebuilder Plus site statistics

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This workaround is no longer relevant, this specific issue has been resolved.

We are aware of an issue with our site statistic program for Sitebuilder Plus. You will get a warning/error that says the connection is not private. We do have a resolution for this, it will just take some time to write it into the code. In the meantime, you can manually apply this fix by adjusting the URL that the statistics tool brings you to.

When you click on "View Stats", it will redirect you to a webpage and the address bar will display a URL that starts like this:

https://v8.prnx.net/VisitsPerDay.asp?

You just need to make two small adjustments. Change the first "v" to a "t" and add "v8/" after the ".net/" part of the URL. It should look like this:

https://t8.prnx.net/v8/VisitsPerDay.asp?

DO NOT COPY THIS EXAMPLE. This is just to demonstrate what the beginning of your address bar should look like once you've successfully made the changes.

Making these changes will bring the stat tracker up and functioning for you. You will also see the stats from the past week that you have not been able to see the stats. No data has been lost.

This is by no means a permanent fix we expect you to do from now on, but until we are able to get this written into the code, this is a workaround to still be able to use your stats.

The other suggestion I will give is to use either Google Analytics to track your site stats (this is one of the best programs out there for this) or consider rebuilding your site in our newer builder, Website Builder. Not only will you have a better quality builder to create your website on, but it will be mobile friendly, responsive, and provide a free SSL. The statistics for this builder is also a more updated program. If you have any questions regarding how to get started in this builder, I would be happy to assist you.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 42,938 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of katherine9250

katherine9250

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
it doesn't work and I pay a lot of money for this site, It shou0ld be fixed from the company not advise novice to a temporary fix. and because I run a business I should be credited for my inconvenience.

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I've tested this on your account and if you follow these instructions, you will be able to see your stats. I recommend giving it one more try. Just two changes, and the beginning of the URL should match the example I gave above. If you are having trouble with this, you can certainly call in to support and have them help walk you through this.
I'm sorry, but we do not credit for inconvenience. We credit for paid services that are not functional. We are working on fixing this permanently on our end, it will just take time. In the meantime, we have provided a workaround for those that need to see their stats. It is still working and all stats are still being tracked so no data has been lost, you just need to make two changes to the URL.
Other options include using a service like Google Analytics to track your site visitors (this is one of the best site tracking programs available and can be connected to your Sitebuilder Plus site) or rebuilding your site in our newer builder, which is a more updated program and will provided a better quality stat tracker.
Photo of Ralph the Mouth

Ralph the Mouth

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Receiving Warning Message whenever I access 'View Stats.' Is this legit?.

For the past several weeks, every time I sign into Website Manager and select 'View Stats,' I receive the the message to follow. I'm still able to see my stats but to do so, I have to click on a series of links provided in the warning. Is this legit? This occurs whether I use my Lenovo Thinkpad PC or my Mac:

THE MESSAGE:This server could not prove that it is v8.prnx.net; its security certificate is from t8.prnx.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Proceed to v8.prnx.net (unsafe)
Photo of Linda3125

Linda3125

• 564 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Mine says that there have been no visitors in 7 days and I think that is accurate, because I cannot access my two website domains that I pay for annually - which means my clients cannot access it either. Hope my problem is not different than the others and there isn't a deeper problem.

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 42,804 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Linda,

Your sites are on a status called clienthold. For more information on this domain status and how to fix this, please refer to this article:
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information
Photo of John7810

John7810

• 436 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
C'mon homestead... Pick up the pace... This cannot be that difficult to figure out.   Everyone on this thread should get some kind of refund.  And why should any of us have to rebuild our sites just to get stats?   My site has about 12 years of development or more...If I have to rebuild my many sites, I will move over to Godaddy or some other hosting site.  Because you are talking about years of work.   Fix this and quickly.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

As I mentioned in the article above, we have found the source of the issue. At this point, it is a matter of rewriting the code to include this resolution. As you can imagine, this is not a simple task as there is a LOT of code that goes into the builder, the stat tracker program, and everything else on Homestead. Code is not something you can rush with, as the smallest error can cause more problems than there were to begin with. So, in the meantime, we have provided you a way to apply this fix individually.
We are not saying you HAVE to rebuild your site, it is merely a suggestion since the newer builder is more updated, responsive, has a mobile builder, free SSL, and a better stats tracker. If you were willing and able to rebuild your site, that would be great. If not, that is fine. You can use the workaround until we get this permanently resolved or use Google Analytics.
We will not be providing refunds for this issue, since the program is actually still working and we have provided you a way to see this data. All stats are still being tracked so no data has been lost, you just need to make two changes to the URL.
Photo of Paula6092

Paula6092

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Stats aren't working.

my website stats keep saying "0 visitors" and when I click on it it says I need to create a website... I have had a website there for 18+ years... and stats was working up until a few days ago... help?
Photo of Kara3339

Kara3339

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can’t see how many people have visited my site.

When I click to see how many visitors have viewed my website, I get a pop up box that something might be trying to hack my site and I should return to the main page.
Photo of Sam9799

Sam9799

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Check Site Traffic.

Unable to check site traffic for past two weeks. Please advise
Photo of david0443

david0443

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have had the same problem & all I have heard from them is, your site is fine & you are not due a refund, I'm So VERY disappointed 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Have you followed the instructions above to be able to view your stats?
Photo of Michael2719

Michael2719

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled View stats not working.

The website visitor tracker is not working. Is says no visitors in the past 7 days for each of my websites.  Is this a known problem?
Photo of Michael2719

Michael2719

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This does not work.  It takes me to a page that asks for Partner ID, User name and Password.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Please make sure you are following the instructions and making the corrections in the URL that appears when you click "View Stats" from your account. If you don't do this, and you just paste in the example URL from the article, you will be asked for this information because you are not logged in through your account and the URL doesn't have any site specific information. The example I provided above is only the beginning of what the URL will look like.
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

• 682 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled No Access to Stats.

No Access to Stats. Page says it is not available and or may be fraudulent when I click on stats links. This is for
knitalteration.com from site manager links.
Sandy Serrett - knitalt@hctc.com
Photo of John5181

John5181

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
There's been a change to the address when you click on stats and it's similar to the fix you gave and it doesn't bring you to stats, it still has a privacy error message.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

I just logged into the account and didn't see any different URL. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

When I try the URL fix this is what the page says:

There are no results for https://t8.prnx.net/v8/VisitsPerDay.asp?Graph=StackedColumn3D&pn=8&user=9442048&pw=hsren...
  • Check your spelling or try different keywords
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

And when i just try to log into the stats this is what it says:

This site is not secure
This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Recommended iconClose this tab

More information More information
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Sandy,

I just logged into your account and applied this fix successfully from my end. I recommend that you try following the instructions again, from your logged in account. If you have trouble, you are welcome to call to have one of our advisors walk you through this.
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

And when I erase everything in the URL after ...asp. this is what is says:

Login Web Analytics ViewerPartner ID :
User :
Password :
Display password (clear text)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Yes, you definitely shouldn't delete the end of the URL
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

The above was done with the 't' and 'v8' corrections.
Perhaps you are on a logged-in computer?
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

You should be on a logged in computer as well. You should already be logged into your account . Per the instructions, you have to be logged into your account, click on "View Stats" from your Websites Manager tab, and make the changes. Once you go to the new address, the stats tracker will work.
(Edited)
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

I am logged in. But as you will see from the screen shot I provided it asks for a different type of logging in, a
Login Web Analytics ViewerPartner ID :
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

This appears if you delete the site specific information at the end of the URL, which you should not be doing. Again, if you are having trouble with this, I recommend you call in to have someone walk you through it
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm sorry, I don't see a screenshot
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

I have done what the example says to do. Just changed the t and added the /v8.
I showed you a copy and paste of that results. I left the end of the URL in place for that test.

When that did not work, I erased everything after the asp? - as the example has nothing after that. And I showed you what that led to.

I was told a long, long time ago when we were asked to use CloudFlare  to secure our websites and lost the recording of  our stats, that that would eventually be fixed. It has never been fixed. I am not a fan of Google and feel being led to them by Homestead is a mistake on Homesteads part. I use them to market my site and find that worth the cost. But I am hesitant to give them any more information about my customers than is necessary for the ad campaigns. Have you ever thought about how they use that information? I get that Homestead needs to make money to provide the web building service, I can appreciate that when you change the format that our sites may need to be moved to the new platform. But when Homestead has a problem and sends us on wild goose chases to correct what Homestead should be correcting is a mistake. Just like telling me to call for help but not providing the phone number is a mistake.

Sending me humdrum Homesteader monthly newsletters should at least include information about a situation like this.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

When I click on what you copy and pasted (in any browser and on my phone, which is not connected to Homestead in any way), it shows me the stats without even asking to log in. I have to imagine at this point you have a firewall on your browser or something that is causing that link to not work. I tried it in Chrome, an incognito browser of Chrome, Firefox, and my phone, and all 4 instances work.

I don't know what different that Google would get from your site analytics that they are not already getting through your marketing campaign and from the regular crawls they do in general, but if you don't want to use them, that is fine. Homestead does not get any money whether you do or do not use Google Analytics. It just happens to be the best free program out there for that purpose.

The fix that we are providing is expected to fix the initial Cloudflare issue as well, which is something that developers have been working on. I do apologize for how long it has taken, but it is an older program and fixes are getting increasingly difficult.

The number for support is 1-800-710-1998

I apologize if you do not like the Homesteader. If you want, you can unsubscribe. There is a link at the bottom to do so. However, that newsletter is for tips and best practices for all customers and this issue is not affecting all customers. Only customers still using the stat tracker for Sitebuilder Plus are affected, so it wouldn't be included in a newsletter that is sent to all customers.
(Edited)
Photo of Sandy3192

Sandy3192

I appreciate your reply. I have also tried the links via Bing, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer with the same results I have shown you. I have wondered with the recent Windows 10 up-dates if that might cause such a problem. I have seen such problems with places like the US Postal website when Windows 10 is up-dated. They eventually get ironed out. in the mean time I will persist in clearing histories, cookies and checking firewalls and call next week if all else fails.

Sorry to have gotten testy. I wish you a good week-end.
Photo of John7810

John7810

Excuse me for being ignorant.. but what do you mean old program?  This is the program your site offers.  IF we're using an inferior product.. why is that?   And why are we paying full price for it?   I find no link or page that says I can change to a better program.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Sitebuilder Plus, the builder you are using, is an older program. We are not forcing anyone off of that program, but it has been around for over a decade (almost 2). For the past few years, we have offered a newer product called Website Builder. We do not charge more to use this newer builder, so whether you choose to use it or not doesn't affect your price. You would need to rebuild your site in this newer editor, if you choose to use it. On your account specifically, I can see that you actually created a Website Builder site back in December, but it doesn't look like you chose a design.
Photo of John7810

John7810

Well, I know what you are talking about and your company promotes it as a mobile site product..  it reads like an extension/add on not upgraded program.   So I left it sit Redesigning a site like mine is more than just a few pictures and links.   You're talking over 10 years of archives and work.   Really surprised Homestead overlooked/neglected the idea of merging the old site into the new.   Especial if the new site is better.   Although, it's hard to tell if it's an actual upgrade or just a change in format.  
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Website Builder is an entirely new builder. One of the biggest improvements from Sitebuilder Plus is the fact that WebsiteBuilder has a built in editor for your mobile site, which is why that is mentioned so often. We didn't neglect the idea of "merging" or being able to transfer old sites into the new builder, it just isn't possible. The two programs are completely different; they are not compatible with each other. I don't think that is a bad thing, though, since the point of rebuilding in the newer builder is to be able to create a better, more modern and updated product, not the same site you can create in Sitebuilder Plus. The sites that are built in Sitebuilder Plus are not responsive and not mobile friendly. The new builder is both. We are also able to provide a free SSL through the newer builder. WebsiteBuilder is an actual upgrade and a completely separate program from Sitebuilder Plus.
I do understand that rebuilding the site is more work for some, than it is for others. If you do choose to rebuild your site, you can take as long as you need to and keep your old site up and running in the meantime. Then, once you are finished, you can switch your domain name over.
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Based on this comment I now realize that I spent several difficult and frustrating months building a site with Sitebuilder Plus (a very clumsy program with poor instructions and bad help), and nobody mentioned there was a new and better program coming soon.

Question: Is WebsiteBuilder scheduled to be replaced in the next year or two?

Question: My current website works on my mobile phone.  How would a WebsiteBuilder site be different on my phone?

Question: What exactly makes a WebsiteBuilder site "better, and more modern?"  Is there a demo I can see?

Question: Can I put video on a WB site?  Is the extra data needed for video allowed, or would that mean a higher monthly fee? 

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Bob King,

WebsiteBuilder is our newer builder and it has been out since November of 2016. Any new sites created since then have been created in that program. WebsiteBuilder is not scheduled to be replaced at any time. You actually have 2 sites on your account created in WebsiteBuilder, but no design was ever chosen on either one.
Your current site can be viewed on a mobile phone, but it is viewed as a desktop site, which is not as easy to navigate. A site built on WebsiteBuilder would actually be optimized for phones so it is as easy as possible to navigate on a smaller screen.
Additionally, sites through WB can be secured automatically without having to go through Cloudflare.

WebsiteBuilder is mobile friendly, comes with a free SSL, is responsive, has more social elements, and the designs are more closely aligned with modern websites. There is not a demo that I can give, but you can create a site on your account and look through the builder. You can also see the many articles we have here in Community regarding that new builder, as well as our Youtube tutorial videos.

You can put a video on your site, but it has to be added through Youtube or Vimeo.
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

OK, so the data limit is the same?

Believe it or not, none of your explanation about how WB is better and more modern helps me realize anything.  It would be helpful if you could at least point to a WB website with attributes that demonstrate these better features.

As to my "2 sites on my account created in WB," I'm not aware of those.  I think I tried to learn more about WB, but I didn't know I created any site.  Am I paying for those sites?  Is that why my monthly fee went up from $7.99 to $9.99?  If not, why did my fee go up $2.

By the way, in the past few minutes my site has gone down completely!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

The data limit it the same, those additional websites did not raise your bill. I can see you have been paying $9.99/month since 11/28/2016. Before that, you were paying $8.99/month. Around this time, Homestead did experience a small price increase on all accounts. Before that, you were paying $8.99/month since 2014.

We are currently experiencing an outage with Sitebuilder Plus sites and are working on resolving this as soon as possible.

We have a few Site Spotlight articles for sites created in WebsiteBuilder that you can see:

https://www.christmastreevineyardlodge.com/

https://www.morahanbrothers.com/
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

OK, those websites are helpful.

Regarding the monthly fee, I suppose I thought I had originally paid $7.99 because I was just looking around for info on WB and found this page, which says "Free for the first 30 days, $7.99/mo thereafter. No commitment, cancel any time."

https://www.homestead.com/create-a-website#.XORO9JXkNbU

So, is WB cheaper than SiteBuilderPlus?  I don't understand why I'm currently paying more.

Also, I suppose the only way I'll know how difficult it is to work with WB is to try building a site.  Let's say I spend some time doing that, and then determine it's not worth the time and effort.  In that case, could I avoid any charges for WB?  How would I do that?

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

You are paying more than that because that package does not include a domain. A domain is $2/month. WB does not cost anything additional. The only reason you would have to pay more is because the package you are on only includes one website; however, we did give you 2 free sites to try WebsiteBuilder. So, again, no charges to avoid.
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

Well, at this point I don't know how to move forward on WB.  I'd probably be unintentionally creating a third website there if I even tried to take the first step.

But, to be clear, I need and want just one website.  So, I could keep my current site while building a new site on WB, and then make the switch and my monthly fee would be reduced to $7.99?

Or, if I give up on WB before completing the site, I could just stop the construction and continue using my current site for $9.99, without additional charge?

And, if you don't mind, how do I find these two WB sites you say I have?  Do they have URLs?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Nothing you do on WebsiteBuilder is going to reduce or change your billing.
To access those sites, log into your Homestead account, click on Websites Manager, and choose one of the .homesteadcloud.com sites from the drop down menu. The site name is always going to end in .homesteadcloud.com, until you point a domain to it.
Then, click "Choose Design"
You can start building and if you rebuild your site, you can switch your domain over to point to the new site.
You can view helpful Youtube tutorial articles to walk you through the builder:
https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites/videos
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

This is sad.  For every question I ask, you give an ambiguous answer.  When I ask for clarification, you give another ambiguous answer.  If your intention is to frustrate me, congratulations, you've succeeded.

And, by the way, I have a B.A. in Communication Arts and decades of professional experience, so I know it's not me.

Please, please don't respond.  If you do I'll delete it.  Stop, and go away.
Photo of Joanne0643

Joanne0643

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my visitor stat is wrong.

my stats keep saying no visitors, But I got a form submission the other day, so I know it's wrong
Photo of Linda1675

Linda1675

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can not access my stats for the website. Can you help?

Thank you,

linda@advi...

When I click on the stats for my website....it connects to a page that reads...non secure site and I can't move to the stats site?
Photo of Theresa2835

Theresa2835

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled website shows no visitors...not true how can we fix?.

when I log into my account for our website it always says that there has been no visitors in the past 7 days.....I know of people who have logged in, including my husband...how can I get the visitor numbers again?
Photo of Hal9944

Hal9944

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled View Stats NOT WORKING.

All of my sites show "no views for 7 days" which I know to be untrue, and when clicking on "view stats", a "privacy" window comes up (no stats). What's the problem? When will this be fixed?
Photo of Jack9072

Jack9072

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot access 'View Stats.

How do we resolve this?  Get following message/screen when attempting to enter 'view stats' in 'Website Manager' section:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from v8.prnx.net (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy

Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

• 828 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled NO HITS SHOWN FOR A MONTH...COMPUTER WARNS ABOUT YOUR CERT BEING BAD!!!!.

NO HITS TO SITE SHOWN FOR A MONTH...Have Called In..What Gives???
Photo of Tommy6804

Tommy6804

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled No vistors.

I am not showing any visitors looking at my website and I know of 8 people in 2 hours, It shows no views?? also it shows my website is not secured??
Photo of cstewartlaw7959

cstewartlaw7959

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My "View Stats" hasn't worked for weeks. I have posted on here and gotten no ans....

View Stats doesn't work and hasn't for weeks.  There is no phone number listed on here.
Photo of Joe4235

Joe4235

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled website visit data.

When I go to web manager it shows no visitors. But when i look at the data there are visits.? What gives?
Photo of Julio7643

Julio7643

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't check on my stats.

can't view my stats, help please 
Photo of Scott1621

Scott1621

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Error.

why every time i go to see the stats on my web site i get an error i copied this to show : This site is not secure This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.
Photo of Marcus1154

Marcus1154

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My website says it is not secure..

My website says it is not secure. It shows no vistors in last two weeks. I need to reslove this to conttine. I have been with Homestead for a long time.
Photo of Marcus1154

Marcus1154

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My site also say not secure what do I do I want action right away.
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my site is still not secure..

My site is not secure. And it shows that I have not had any visitors in 2 weeks. That is not correct. Please assist. Thank you
Photo of Cynthia7608

Cynthia7608

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Continued Security Threat Warning.

I am unable to view visitor stats. Continues to receive security threat warnings (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-does-your-connection-is-not-secure-mean); this is occurring on all browsers. This has been happening for several weeks. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.