RESOLVED: Sitebuilder Plus Offline 10/10

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

7:31 AM MST: It has come to our attention that websites built in Sitebuilder are currently unable to load. You may also experience issues logging into your Homestead account and loading the editor. Website Builder sites are not affected.

9:10 AM: Our engineers are currently investigating the cause, we will post updates as we gather more information.

10:00 AM MST: Sites are back online, we are just working to make sure we see no further issues. We are still working on the account login issues.

10:45 AM MST: At this point, Sitebuilder sites are loading and we are able to log into accounts without issue.

We are working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,662 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 days ago

Photo of tnhtradeshows6970

tnhtradeshows6970

• 1,048 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
thank you for posting that. I was starting to panic and think i had done something.
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,888 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Same here, hope we are back online soon!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Diana1814

Diana1814

• 60 Points
My website is finally back online but I still am unable to edit!
Photo of Gale Clare1513

Gale Clare1513

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Wish they would be honest about the fix......I've been trying all day!  All I get is "choose your design"!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,460 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gale Clare,

This outage did not affect Website Builder sites, which is what you are using. On my end, when I go into your account and try to load the editor, I am able to get in without issue. If you are experiencing trouble, I would recommend you clear your cache or try another browser.
Photo of Gale Clare1513

Gale Clare1513

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you....that worked!  I'm having quite a bit of trouble with my domain showing; this new sitebuilder is harder to use.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,460 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Your site is coming up on my end. If you continue to have trouble with the site, please open a separate conversation so we can troubleshoot.
Photo of Dave6376

Dave6376

• 1,608 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Following
Photo of Dan or Brad2150

Dan or Brad2150

• 446 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I was wondering why I haven't gotten a single phone call today. Hope it fixes soon
Photo of Dan or Brad2150

Dan or Brad2150

None of my websites work either.
Photo of Jonathan1400

Jonathan1400

• 524 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the news. I am unable to do anything. Appreciate your attention to this issue!
Photo of Priscilla5409

Priscilla5409

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for posting but I am sure several of us are losing a lot of money right now.
Photo of Dan or Brad2150

Dan or Brad2150

• 406 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
and google search listings... when a site is indexed and it comes back a 404, they will remove it from search results
Photo of Jane2612

Jane2612

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please let us know when this will be resoloved or what is happening
Photo of Jane2612

Jane2612

Elizabeth- does this mean that if we have the desktop sitebuilder version and we published through there our site would come back online?  Where do you download the desktop version... please provide  link.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,480 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sitebuilder Desktop sites are included in this outage and the builder is no longer available for customers who are not already using it.
Photo of Jane2612

Jane2612

it's odd Homestead's main page still comes up---  yet ours doesn't.  
Photo of Martin

Martin

Good point!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Homestead.com is not hosted through Homestead (that would not be possible) so it would make sense that our website wouldn't go down at the same time as we are experiencing an outage with customer websites. However, account log in and webmail log in links on our main site are down, in addition to the Sitebuilder sites.
Photo of Priscilla5409

Priscilla5409

Who do you use for homestead.com? Maybe I can use them too.
Photo of Martin

Martin

Good question!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

We use Endurance International Group, which is the platform that Homestead is a part of. Just not Homestead specifically.
Photo of greg1410

greg1410

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
There is NO desktop version for systems w/ Win 10!! You can only edit/publish using the online version....which is a pitiful excuse for a substitute for the desktop..especially if you have over a few pages to edit, I am not sure what you all are paying homestead a year to be able to edit;publish pages, but I am not paying a great deal, however even a dollar is too much if there is no service. I have been trying over and hour to change prices on 8 pages - and can't do it. The online system/"builder" locks up on every attempt to publsh. Just thar damn little circle...rotating!!!! No help from homestead yet!
Photo of Thomas9351

Thomas9351

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
help!!
Photo of Priscilla5409

Priscilla5409

Any updates on timeline for it to be resolved?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

No update or expected resolution time yet but I will let you know as soon as we have one!
Photo of Jane2612

Jane2612

this is really bad for all of our businesses.  Including Homesteads.   We pay alot of $.. you should have backups.
Photo of Priscilla5409

Priscilla5409

My site just came back up!
Photo of Jane2612

Jane2612

woo hoo.... mine too.   oddly this just happend the day after mom son scolding me for having no backup plan should this company ever just vanish-  like a server he had his website on.    Fool me onnce eh.
Photo of Dan or Brad2150

Dan or Brad2150

my sites are back up, which is the most important thing. Still can't login but at least my phone is ringing again
Photo of Priscilla5409

Priscilla5409

4 hours of downtime seriously impacts my business. I hope they give us an explanation and what they are doing to prevent this from happening again.
Photo of Jon4948

Jon4948

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Wow quite the alarm.  This may be the first time I've ever seen a total
website and domain shut-down across all domains, in nearly 2 decades developing with Homestead. Praying it's not a hacker attack.  If not done, Homestead, please hire a CEH and/or other appropriate IT pros (even if just on a routine temp or consulting basis) to safeguard this from happening again. A solid backup system should also be in place to safeguard against an ultimate loss of anyone's data.  There are many types of technologies that have been available for a long time - which handle these safeguards.

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,662 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
At this point, all outage issues have been resolved. Websites are loading and you will be able to log into your Homestead account.

In instances like this, we do everything that we can to learn from the situation, so we can put safeguards in place to prevent it from happening again.
Photo of Thomas9351

Thomas9351

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for keeping us posted along the way. That helps.
Photo of greg1410

greg1410

Noooo not resolved. Every time I edit  then try to publish a page, the system locks up...just the eternal rotaing circle. Maddening. Rebooted, relogged several times.
You guys need to develop/fix the desktop version so that it works with Win10. To do less is a copout and not what people originally signed up for. At least it is all stored on my HD that way, aand I can edit then publish when you do get things online again.

Photo of Dave6376

Dave6376

• 1,608 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I have been using Windows 10 and the Desktop publisher together for years. If you go to the home page of this community and type in "Windows 10 Desktop" it will take you to the article on how to make them work together. It was a couple of hoops to jump through, but totally worth it. If you hit a snag and Drew is still around, he will get you straightened out.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,572 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The outage is resolved.
The issue you are experiencing with the loading trouble would be due to the number of pages that are on your website. When the site tries to publish, even if you select "just this page", it has to load through all pages and elements to do so. In your case, that means it is loading through 504 pages. To get around that problem, I would recommend publishing directly from the file manager, one page at a time as you are editing. I will clear the cache on my end to assist with the slowness.

In regard to Sitebuilder Desktop, we not only can't make it compatible with Windows 10 due to unsupported software from Microsoft that the Desktop editor was built with, but we are no longer supporting or updating that builder in general.There are a couple of articles in this community with steps you can try as a temporary fix to get Desktop working with Windows 10, but I can't guarantee it will work.

I do understand that this platform is what some customers are most accustom to and comfortable with using, but it cannot create sites that align with today's standards. We strive to provide the best program for our customers to be successful, and unfortunately, Sitebuilder Desktop is no longer something that we can recommend using.
(Edited)
Photo of greg1410

greg1410

Thank you Elizabeth. I have been doing all morning what yousuggest....I knew the system handled one page bettter than multiples. BUT..as an example, I wanted to save 90percentcoinstemplate as 90percentcoinstemp - a simple enough job. Which has to br done on the main page. After I save it as, the circle of joy spins - it has been spinning for about 5 min now....and I just checked it,, and the circle has frozen, Not a consequence of the computer, but of the online builder. If I hit the bsack button of the browser (chrome) I get the message page unresponsive (as if I did not know) want to exit or wait. I can wait..but it has taken so long it takes me back to ssign in and do it all again.. Watch a movie called Catch 22 to get an idea of how much fun this is. This is pitiful today. I must say, it is not always like this, but when it is, it is bad. I could use some help here.
Photo of greg1410

greg1410

Oh...bu the way - I am trying to edit six (6) pages out of all the pages on the cngw site!! They are all I need to change during the day, none of the others on that site, no matter how many pages you see on there, Are you telling me homestead can't handle a site with a lot of pages? They have for years in the past. Those pages are
https://www.cngw.biz/90percentcoins.html
https://www.cngw.biz/bullion_silver.html
https://www.cngw.biz/eagles.html
https://www.cngw.biz/bullion_gold.html
https://www.cngw.biz/GOLDbuffs.html
https://www.cngw.biz/goldeagles.html

S0me of the have yesterdays prices on them because I have been unable to get them to change today !
Photo of greg1410

greg1410

Oh...bu the way - I am trying to edit six (6) pages out of all the pages on the cngw site!! They are all I need to change during the day, none of the others on that site, no matter how many pages you see on there, Are you telling me homestead can't handle a site with a lot of pages? They have for years in the past. Those pages are
https://www.cngw.biz/90percentcoins.html
https://www.cngw.biz/bullion_silver.html
https://www.cngw.biz/eagles.html
https://www.cngw.biz/bullion_gold.html
https://www.cngw.biz/GOLDbuffs.html
https://www.cngw.biz/goldeagles.html

S0me of the have yesterdays prices on them because I have been unable to get them to change today !

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.