Sitebuilder Plus media players have been updated to HTML5

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

We have updated the media players in Sitebuilder Plus to be based in HTML. This change will enable an easier experience for both you and your customer. The same features will be available as previously, but they should now work uniformly in all browsers, desktop and mobile. Also, there will no longer be a need for your visitors to have a browser plug in installed.

You may notice that the player looks a little different in various browsers. This is normal and will not affect functionality.

Supported formats will be:

Audio: ogg, wav, mp3, mp4, aac

Video: ogv, webm, mp4

Important Note: The old players will remain on your site and will work as they have been. If you want to take advantage of the new players, then you will need to remove the old element and add it back as a new media file.
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,506 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of mike2301

mike2301

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled problems with website audio running in Chrome.

Audio files play automatically when the website is opened in Chrome ( do not have the problem in Internet Explorer) . All the audio files will play simultaneously even though they are suppose to play only when clicked on. I have brought this issue to Support but no resolution after months of waiting.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We have just updated the audio players to HTML5 players. They can be added from the same location, and they will fix this issue.
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 622 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is good news. Looking forward to trying it out!
Photo of James Gary Grant

James Gary Grant

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled MUSIC.

PUBLISHED MUSIC WILL NOT PLAY!
Photo of William S

William S

Hello,

Have you tried adding the new HTML 5 audio players? You can find them in SiteBuilder Plus, under the YouTube Video as Audio Player.
Photo of Bonnita3846

Bonnita3846

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Does anyone know if there is an update to sitebuilder to work in W10. My comp just updated, and now my sitebuilder won't work.
Photo of William S

William S

Yes, you can fix SiteBuilder Desktop by following the official reply to the article below.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/windows-10-and-sitebuilder-desktop
Photo of Peter9793

Peter9793

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Chrome causes all audio files to play simultaneously..

All audio files open and play at once when any of my webpages are selected using Chrome. As many as 5 audio files play at the same time. It sounds incredibly bad and it makes me look bad. Safari and Firefox work correctly. how do I fix this?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This is a known issue and to resolve it, you will need to delete the current element and add the file back to the page. Make sure they are in one of the supported formats listed at the top of this page.
Photo of justlydia18004

justlydia18004

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I get the sound player to stop playing automatically.

When i click on the preview, all of the sound players play automatically, while at the same time hiding the sound player. This happens even though I left the PLAY AUTOMATICALLY and HIDE SOUND PLAYER boxes blank.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is a known issue and to resolve it, you will need to delete the
current element and add the file back to the page. Make sure they are in
one of the supported formats listed at the top of this page.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What video and audio file types will SiteBuilder accept?.

SiteBuilder will accept the following media files:

Video:

Audio:
Photo of Richard8458

Richard8458

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am using the new video player, there are no old ones on my site.  The video is an mp4 format, which is supported according to this post.  I have two videos on this page.  They both start playing automatically when the page is opened.  They shouldn't play unless clicked.  Can't have two videos playing at once.
Photo of Luke5207

Luke5207

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Our  video player is not accepting my videos. error html5 required. They are mp4 files. How do I get this fixed. Is there an update I am missing.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

How are you adding the video? You should go to Insert and hover the mouse over YouTube and add the video player. Sitebuilder Plus is HTML5.
Photo of Luke5207

Luke5207

We tried that and it still is not accepting. Also used Handbrake and that did not work. Any ideas is appreciated. I had no problems until the change.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you use file manager to upload the mp4? Then I can take a look at what is happening.
Photo of Luke5207

Luke5207

File Manager rejects with error message.
html5 required. My file is an mp4  Working on the issue.
If you have any ideas like to review them.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you try to email the file to me? hscommunitysupport@endurance.com. This is an unmonitored email, so please tell me that you have sent it so I can go look. How large is the file?
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Uploaded a video to our website and it works great on google chrome, Internet Explorer however, just shows a black field with invalid source. How do I resolve?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It looks like Webm format is not directly supported by IE. I didn't know that. It is always best to make everything mp4. I don't know anything that doesn't support mp4
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

I tried an MP4 version and I receive this popup message:
Sitebuilder.homestead.com says: Only HTML5 media files are allowed.
Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Make sure you use the media player, by clicking Insert, then hover your mouse over Youtube. Do not go to More.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

I have confirmed that I am using the media player (Not youtube or Audio Player). Still no luck.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

Downloading a converter and re-saving the original MOV file to MP4 format. Will try with a fresh file.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

No luck.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. Let us know if that does it
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Have you uploaded the video? Use the import button in the file manager. I'll take a look, but you need to upload it first
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

The video in question is up on our site. pmdiwa.net It works on Google Chrome, but not on IE. I took down the MP4 video as it was just blank screen with audio. Do you want me to put it back up?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

No, but what is the name of the mp4 and which page is it on now?
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

The video is on the Industrial Vacuum solutions page, It's the HTML5 file. The MP4 has been taken down as it did not work.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

I'll try posting the MP4 again, one moment.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I downloaded the mp4 and it won't play off my computer either, so I think the problem is in the conversion from webm to mp4. Can you play the mp4 on your computer?
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

Yes, it plays on my computer just fine.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

I'll play with the file some more. Thanks for your help here!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I converted the webm using an online converter and it gave me  good file. I am uploading it now. It will take a few minutes
Photo of Luke5207

Luke5207

What converter did you use? I had the same problems.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

I was using a program called Adapter from Microplant. I found the software while searching for a way to convert .Mov files to .MP4. Did you try posting a MPEG5 file? It's just strange that it'll work on Google Chrome but not on IE. @Drew, I'll try your converter... maybe that'll help. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I already uploaded the mp4 to the root folder for you.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

I'm sorry, where can I access the root folder?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It is the list of files that display when you add a media player to the site. Where your pages reside. You can also see it in the file manager.

You should see it as img_2244.mp4
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

Same issue as before unfortunately. Video screen is blank but the play bar runs and you can hear audio... I also see a img_2244.webm file, is that the original?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes, that is the original. Please leave the files there and I will do some more testing to see if I can figure it out.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

Do you want me to re-post the MP4? I can leave it up overnight if that helps.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You don't have to. I can do what I need to do.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

I put it up and turned off auto-play. Thank you again for all of your help with this. If you are ever in the Seattle area I owe ya coffee. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. It seems to be working now. I noticed that for a 23 second video it was huge at 16mb. I used the same converter, but placed some additional parameters to fit the web better. I set the bitrate at 1000kbs, the frame rate at 30fps and the audio to 96kbs. This resulted in only a 3mb file and standard settings the web can interpret easily. I am not sure what you had it set for before, but it must have been extremely high quality. Take a look and see if you notice a big difference.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

You sir, are my hero! Thank you so much for the help with this. The video was taken on an iphone at standard settings. I guess I'll need to turn these settings down if I take more. I'm saving the link for your file converter, with that and your instructions, I shouldn't have this issue again.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome. Happy to help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.